best recommendation for improving my laptop sound system (better sound)
Apr 9, 2011 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jordi25

New Head-Fier
Hi i`m kind of new in the pleasure of listening to music in a kind of good (not as expensive or as well designed as you more experienced members of this forum have). Right now I have a Viao Laptop connected to a usb audio interface fast track pro that has 24 bit/96khz i have connected to the interface a pair of jbl lsr2325p powered monitor speakers and a 12 inch jbl powered sub. In that system I listen to music (80% ripped flac or alac and 20% 320 mp3) almost everyday when i come home from work. Its the best system that i have built in my couple of years of being a novice audiophile. I also have a hk 3490 and kef iq90 speakers and a yamaha rxv 1900 with jbl l830 and l820 speakers. Of the 3 sound systems that I have I think that the one that i most enjoy how it sounds is the one from the laptop, so i was thinking what more can i do to improve the sound. So after a couple of weeks of web browsing i came to to choices either upgrading the audio interface to a nuforce icon hdp (due to a review I found in headfi about one member comparing exactly the fast track pro to the nuforce) or upgrading my speakers to these powered monitors jbl lsr 4326p.I forgot to mention that I only use my computer to listen and enjoy music! Can you please recommend what would you do in my situation?Thanks for your inputs, Jorge

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #2 of 4
Better speakers AND a better DAC/amp (like the Nuforce HDP that caught your interest) will give you better sound.

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 4
Echo Endigo IOx or DJx (depending on interface - expresscard or PCMCIA), the later if you want have variable input applications.  It's the least bulkiest solution.  The FLACs on my Thinkpad X200 never sounded so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back