Best Quality Headphones UNAMPED ( 555,595,a500,a900)
Mar 16, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #17 of 41
For gaming and movies, I would not hesistate to recommend the A900s. They have great soundstage, so you can easily hear all positional sounds in games and movies. Second, you will hear plenty of good bass with the A900s.

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #20 of 41
You'll probably like the A900 if you want more bass and better positioning. At the same time...the nature of stereo headphones usually means clear left-right separation. There are ways around this - there are a number of amps with built in crossfeed. You can research crossfeed in the amps forum.

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #21 of 41
Anybody knows the answer to this question??

Also its my first pair of phones, so im not sure if this a good thing or a bad thing. When I use my 555's sometimes I can hear instruments playing from the left side but not the right side. Its like surround sounds, but with 2 channels. Its like one side playing one music, while the right plays somethign else. Or i hear some sort of music on the left, then move to the right...

Is this a common thing in music?

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #22 of 41
For bass and special effects DT770 would be best choice. If you need all rounder then go for A900. It's heavily recommended for gaming tho... It's bass may be less impactfull then DT770's but it can shake your head. My A500 does this shaking job impressively. Surround sound is awesome. AT developed some kind of 3d simulation system on their A series phones. I am sure that A900 must be better then my A500. Good luck.

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #24 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
Anybody knows the answer to this question??

Also its my first pair of phones, so im not sure if this a good thing or a bad thing. When I use my 555's sometimes I can hear instruments playing from the left side but not the right side. Its like surround sounds, but with 2 channels. Its like one side playing one music, while the right plays somethign else. Or i hear some sort of music on the left, then move to the right...

Is this a common thing in music?

Yes, it's called stereo
rolleyes.gif

Unless it's mono, all music will have some parts mixed on the left, some on the right, some in the middle.

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #25 of 41
I feel stupid now..thanks guy...

So the A900 has some 3d sound into their headphones while the 555 doesnt?

Is it a major improvement in terms of gaming and sound seperation when you compare the a900 to the 555

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
I feel stupid now..thanks guy...

So the A900 has some 3d sound into their headphones while the 555 doesnt?

Is it a major improvement in terms of gaming and sound seperation when you compare the a900 to the 555

The A900 does not have any 3D sound or surround gimmicks. However, many do prefer it for gaming, claiming that it does positioning very well.

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #29 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
The A900 does not have any 3D sound or surround gimmicks. However, many do prefer it for gaming, claiming that it does positioning very well.

Try to play game with EAX anbled options. I think you 555 can handle surround also. What I mant to say that AT did some special enginering to enhance this kind of sound.

OR you may try another option for surround test. log on here then download and install "RM 3DSound 2.2" start the program and listen how it's handling surround.

Mar 16, 2006 at 5:06 AM Post #30 of 41
you want a closed headphone for gaming and movies with a little music... i would recommend the a900's they sound perfect for your description...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back