Best quality Earbuds )or small hedphones) with retractable cord?
Apr 2, 2006 at 1:05 PM Post #3 of 16
Aren't 'retractable cords' pretty rare on headphones -- especially portable ones?

Maybe you should rephrase your question with an eye to cable length.

There are many ingenious devices for managing extra cord while you move.

Apr 3, 2006 at 9:49 AM Post #4 of 16
Not really. I want a pair of simple earbuds to use with my laptop at my desk. I want to leave it attached and not have the cord get in the way. I'm sure there must be earbuds which you can buy with retractible cable.

Apr 3, 2006 at 9:57 AM Post #5 of 16
Couldn't you just wrap the cable round something?

Apr 3, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
There are no good headphones I can think of with retractable cords.

This.

Where would the cord go?
confused.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:53 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan

Btw, a $10 Koss clipon blows it out of the water. Not even close.

Or you could go the REAL simple route and use a twist tie the same color as th cord.no need tos pend $10 on some clipon.heck twist ties come with trash bags.its what I did for the headphones on my zen nano.works great too.

Apr 3, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #11 of 16
I think he was saying that the Koss clip-on headphones, most likely the ksc75s, blows the other clip-on phones with retractable cords that is more expensive out of water SQ wise.

I mean buying a clip for $10 would be pretty stupid.
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
There are no good headphones I can think of with retractable cords.

Get a Smartwrap cord manager (http://smartwrap.net/)

Dont want to go that route - which would be why I started a thread about retractible cords - and not $10 pieces of notched plastic.

Apr 4, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oga
Dont want to go that route - which would be why I started a thread about retractible cords - and not $10 pieces of notched plastic.

Just get a piece of packing foam and make one yourself. Hardly takes a min.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by r0teiro
I think he was saying that the Koss clip-on headphones, most likely the ksc75s, blows the other clip-on phones with retractable cords that is more expensive out of water SQ wise.

I mean buying a clip for $10 would be pretty stupid.
biggrin.gif

ksc75s is cheap but nice!

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #15 of 16
All,

My name is Billy Scullion.  I am the product manager for Emerge Technologies.  We are the parent company for ReTrak.  ReTrak's sole purpose in the marketplace is to provide electronic device accessories (including earbuds) with retractable cables.  We have multiple different earbuds and headphones including economy and premium lines.  We would love to expose you to our brand because we have been working diligently at introducing retractable earbuds with better speakers and sound quality.

For the group of you that are on here, I would like to send you a sample of our recently improved ETAUDIOIEB.  Please send me your mailing address to retrakemerge@gmail.com.  Unfortunately, I will only be able to send samples until the end of this week (9/30/2012).  I look forward to your responses and sending you these shortly.

In the meantime, listen well.

Billy Scullion
Product Manager
Emerge Technologies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back