best portable mp3 player for my VModa m100
Sep 12, 2014 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

iracondia

New Head-Fier
Hello guys
this is my first post here.

I use VModa m100 and I would like to buy a cheap portable mp3 player, around 100-150 $ or 100 € (I'm italian :)

I just care about battery life and good sound: I listen 99% house and electronic music. 

Any suggestion for me? Thanks you all guys! 

Sep 12, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #2 of 10
I like my Cowon J3 which has 60+ hour battery life but it's discontinued so I doubt you'll find one. Lots of people recommend the sandisk clip but i don't know what the battery is like. Stay away from 'audiophile' players though - they seem to all have terrible battery life.

Sep 12, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #4 of 10
I haven't tried it so I shouldn't be recommending it, but you could look into the FiiO X1. Comes out September 20th and it'll be US$100, and has gotten good reviews so far. 

Sep 13, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 10
  I like my Cowon J3 which has 60+ hour battery life but it's discontinued so I doubt you'll find one. Lots of people recommend the sandisk clip but i don't know what the battery is like. Stay away from 'audiophile' players though - they seem to all have terrible battery life.

I second this. I don't know how easy it is to find a Cowon player, but from what I've read the Sony players have good battery life as well (E-series should be within your price range). Doesn't last as long as a cowon, but still a contender. IPods have decent battery from my experience (iPod touch 2g and classic 7g I purchased years ago still has well over 20 hours of battery life), though I'm not sure about the current ipods

The Sansa clip zip is rated at 15 hours, but I never get anywhere near as much (both original firmware and rockbox; I use mine with Grado SR125i and UE4000)

Sep 13, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #8 of 10
  tnx u all guys.

I saw this Fiio x1 review and I loved it!

Can I pre-order this? where? 

I searched on the internet but nothing came out... 

Take a look around this thread: www.head-fi.org/t/691332/fiio-x1-the-first-high-res-dap-for-the-young
You should look at some more reviews and things just to make sure it's right for you, and this thread has plenty of info on it. 

Sep 13, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #10 of 10
yes, this is a good idea, but there is a problem: I live in Italy, and best price for x3 is 200 € (260$). Too much for my budget.

I can find X3 in US or Asia at a good price, but If I buy some product from US or Asia I will pay customhouse for sure ( I paid 60€ customhouse for my VModa m100 purchased online from Los Angeles). Also, I will have to add shipment...

So...I'll wait for X1 and hope they will have a good price in Europe, or buy Sansa Clip Zip...or maybe wait for another good suggestion :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back