Best portable headphones for 20-40 USD?
Dec 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 11
I would go for some Panasonic HTX7s 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 11
How would those phones compare to the Sennheiser 419's and the Superlux 681 HD. I currently own the Superlux 681's, and I want to get him omething around the same price range with better sound.

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 11
HD419s are a really nice pair of over-ears for under 40 bucks.  Portapros are probably better sound quality wise, but they are on-ears, open (will leak lots of sound), and its headband design may snag some hair.  Both of them trump the Philips Downtown and Panasonic HTX7 in my opinion (I've owned all 4 of these headphones).

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #7 of 11
  HD419s are a really nice pair of over-ears for under 40 bucks.  Portapros are probably better sound quality wise, but they are on-ears, open (will leak lots of sound), and its headband design may snag some hair.  Both of them trump the Philips Downtown and Panasonic HTX7 in my opinion (I've owned all 4 of these headphones).

I still have a pair of porta pros, somewhere in a drawer. So you had to remind me of getting my hair pulled out...
eek.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #8 of 11
  I still have a pair of porta pros, somewhere in a drawer. So you had to remind me of getting my hair pulled out...
eek.gif

LOL, yea sorry!  It's kind of a shame too because I honestly loved the sound signature of the portapros.  I'm sure you can probably just wrap some temporary headband  to prevent snagging.  I use to choose my pair of PX100s over my Portapros for this very reason, but it seems that Sennheiser greatly increased the price of the new PX100's to the point where I can no longer recommend them.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #9 of 11
  LOL, yea sorry!  It's kind of a shame too because I honestly loved the sound signature of the portapros.  I'm sure you can probably just wrap some temporary headband  to prevent snagging.  I use to choose my pair of PX100s over my Portapros for this very reason, but it seems that Sennheiser greatly increased the price of the new PX100's to the point where I can no longer recommend them.

I've gone upscale. HD600 at home and a HD558 at the office. I find that the leakage from the HD558 to be small enough not to disturb those around me, luckily there's plenty of room around me.
I remember, many many years ago, when I picked up the porta pros, I thought, "Gawd these are oogly, but they sound alright."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back