Best portable DAC/amps for use with iOS?
May 2, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #17 of 25
I’ll second the ha-2se. Had it for a year or so and loved it. Occasionally iOS would say it was disconnected with the cable included by oppo, but only frequent enough to be only slightly annoying. Unplugging and replugging in fixed it every time.

However, when I upgraded to an iPhone X, any sort of stacking with bands became Basically impossible, so I sold it and used a CCK and dragonfly red which has been generally great with more sensitive IEM’s that don’t need much more power (CA Novas primarily in my case).

Just picked up CA Vegas and Mojo, so will give thoughts when I get some time with them.

I think it would be helpful to include how we all use a setup. Most common for me is home, on planes, or walking in the city. Usually keep everything in a jacket pocket or messenger bag if I’m on the move. If I’m at my office, I just run things through my Mac, not phone.

May 6, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #18 of 25
However, when I upgraded to an iPhone X, any sort of stacking with bands became Basically impossible,

I love the sound of the Sony PHA-3 and it is rock solid with iOS, but it is large. For transportable use, I think it is great. I'm trying to find something more portable for on-the-go use, but haven't found anything (Oppo, etc...) that comes close.

May 6, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #19 of 25
I was in Japan awhile back and had a chance to try just about everything out there. My two favorites with the Oppo ha-2se and the Chord Hugo 2. The Oppo needs a REALLY good quality cord. The one that comes with it should just be tossed in garbage. But with an iFi iSilencer3.0 and a labkable Samurai 3 cable, I actually preferred the Oppo. Using the iFi also helps with the problem of the signal dropping out.

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #20 of 25
EarStudio es100. Bluetooth AAC, size of a zippo lighter, option for 2.5mm balances, app full of features, zero hiss with my Andros. For on the go this is the best and most versatile for The iPhone.

Jun 5, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #24 of 25
Chord Hugo 2 via CCK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back