Best Portable DAC/Amp for ~$300
Oct 20, 2008 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tintin47

Headphoneus Supremus
I have Hd 600s and am upgrading to either k701s or DT 880s soon. I want a good DAC/amp combo for relatively little money. If possible, I'd like to emphasize the DAC, so that I can bypass the amp later when I get the money for a better amp. I guess that means I'd need a line out/amp bypass feature, too. Anyone know of such a product?

Also, to avoid people saying that the K701s and 880s can't be driven by portables, I realize that it isn't perfect, but I'd rather get as much performance increase as I can for the time being.

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 6
The iBasso D3 does exactly what you are requesting. You may find that you will not feel an amp upgrade necessary.

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iBasso D3 does exactly what you are requesting. You may find that you will not feel an amp upgrade necessary.

Wow. Just looked at the website. That is kind of incredibly exactly what I need. Thanks so much.

Right now it says they're out of stock for 2 weeks. Is that a close estimate? That is, are they sort of on top of things? I've read a lot about these small manufacturers getting really far behind. Is there any source to buy them other than the ibasso site?

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by skamp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't how often they update the website (they said two weeks, two weeks ago), but they do answer e-mails. Mine got answered within 24 hours.

Yeah. I sent them an email. I was just wondering based on past experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back