Best portable bluetooth dac/amp
Nov 17, 2020 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sound N00b

Head-Fier
I have 3 problems I want to solve
1) I want to watch tv on my headphones/earphones (presumably via Bluetooth). A really long wire is not an option.
2) I want to charge my phone and listen to music at the same time
3) I want a better dac and amp then what is in my phone
3.5) Being able to take 2.5mm balanced is not required but is a nice bonus because I have earphones which can take that

I would be taking this out into the wild so I don't want it to be under $150 (feel free to tell me about all the cool things I am missing out on by not being rich though)
I also need it to fit into a pants pocket.

As far as what I am driving it is nothing too insane so far. Akg k712, blon bl01, thieaudio legacy 3, and I have some shuoer tape pros coming over. Some overhead for new sets in the future is always appreciated though.

I figured I should be looking at a portable Bluetooth dac/amp combo based on those requirements but tell me if I really should be looking at a completely different solution like a dap or something I have not even heard of. I am relatively new to all of this.

I have heard great things about the fiio btr5 and the qudelix 5k. The fiio q5s is too expensive for me but I can deal with that form factor if there is there is something like the q5s but cheaper (budget is $150) that could be an option. If you recommend the fiio btr5 or the qudelix 5k some reasoning over why you chose one over the other is appreciated, they are pretty similar and I am having trouble deciding which one is better.

Tldr; Best portable Bluetooth dac/amp under $150.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 6
Fiio BTR5. $109 Amazon.

Nov 17, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 6
If you can find a used one cheap, A&K XB10.

Nov 19, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #4 of 6
Nov 20, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #5 of 6
The A&K XB10 at $70 on the current sale is not a bad deal. It's probably not as technically competent as some of the newer options around $110, but sounds pretty solid to my ears and can even drive fairly difficult headphones via the 2.5 balanced out.

Nov 21, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #6 of 6
hey you should probably try these kbear s1. it's light weight, can hold for very long, i have one and it can hold for days. it's cheap, very good item to try, support aptx hd, and you can also choose which type do you want. It can be combined with your iem. I use a kz zst to try it, as a very sensitive source iem, i tried it and feels that it's better than my shanling up4. it has more depth and imaging. well come again from me a new headfier as I'm not a pro per se. but i did try both of them and kbear is better. the shanling is a bit warmer as the kbear. and more expensive. still in my opinion, nothin beats direct cable with a good dap tho. then again for a bluetooth, i think kbear is a good choice for only about 20$ in aliexpress. Plus the upcoming blackfriday I think it'll come less than before. i did get mine for 16€, about 20$. and am happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back