Best Portable AMP under $400
Jan 9, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 10
That is about an impossible question to answer unless you provide some additional information....Do you intend to use it with your computer?  Need a DAC or Optical inputs?  How important is size?  Do you prefer batteries or internal rechargeable?   As nearly any portable amplifier can easily power your Westones, there are dozens of excellent portables that fit your stated budget. 

You might wish to peruse some of the more populated threads in this forum for opinions from other users to gain some further insight.

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 10
I need an ultra-portable amp that is pocket sized.

I prefer internal rechargeable.

I don't intend to use it with my computer.

DAC and Optical are iffy.

To give you an example of an AMP I'm looking at would be the Pico Slim.

Quote:
That is about an impossible question to answer unless you provide some additional information....Do you intend to use it with your computer?  Need a DAC or Optical inputs?  How important is size?  Do you prefer batteries or internal rechargeable?   As nearly any portable amplifier can easily power your Westones, there are dozens of excellent portables that fit your stated budget. 

You might wish to peruse some of the more populated threads in this forum for opinions from other users to gain some further insight.

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #6 of 10
Thats easy - P4.

No, wait - D6. No, wait - PICO (amp only). No, wait - P-51. No, wait - Stepdance.

Just get a bank loan, buy them all and get back to us with your impressions. Alternately, you can wait for Skylabs 'Final Fantasy' Farewell Comparison of portable amps - might be cheaper, but the bank loan thing also has its merits.

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #7 of 10
What a shame about your limitations as I think the stepdance is just about the best out there and $30 below your price point including shipping!

Jan 26, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #9 of 10
Feb 10, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #10 of 10
Ill recommend the arrow too..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back