Best portable amp for me?
Jul 26, 2013 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Senryu

New Head-Fier
Hi! I'm new of this forum :)

I'm not necessarely an audiophile, but I care of what I listen to... so...

I have a Cowon iAudio 10, I listen all flac audio (and a bunch of mp3 and wma) with a pair of Skullcandy Aviator headphones and a pair of Sennheiser CX300 earphones (I use them according to the occasion).

I think I can improve the quality of my sound a little bit more by adding a portable amp, I have a pretty low budget, I don't want to spend more than 80$,  what model is the best for me? I was thinking of fiio e5... but I have read that it's useful only for very very high ohms headphones... and it's not a big deal on head/earphones like the mines...

So, any suggestion? thanks :)

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 4
I really doubt the Fiio E5 or Fiio E6 would be better then a $200 Cowon audio player at driving headphones.
My $40 Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip can drive headphones well enough that I stopped using my ($27) E6.
I think you should sell off the Skullcandy and put all cash towards better headphones.

Jul 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #3 of 4
Getting a fiio e5 amplifier will not have sufficient power for driving large headphones. So I would recommend the fiio e11, it has tons more power to drive headphones and its still portable.

Jul 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #4 of 4
Spend an extra $20 and get the C&C BH. I also agree with PurpleAngel though, get a better pair of cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back