1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best portable amp for me?

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by senryu, Jul 26, 2013.
  1. Senryu
    Hi! I'm new of this forum :)

I'm not necessarely an audiophile, but I care of what I listen to... so...

I have a Cowon iAudio 10, I listen all flac audio (and a bunch of mp3 and wma) with a pair of Skullcandy Aviator headphones and a pair of Sennheiser CX300 earphones (I use them according to the occasion).

I think I can improve the quality of my sound a little bit more by adding a portable amp, I have a pretty low budget, I don't want to spend more than 80$,  what model is the best for me? I was thinking of fiio e5... but I have read that it's useful only for very very high ohms headphones... and it's not a big deal on head/earphones like the mines...

So, any suggestion? thanks :)

2. PurpleAngel Contributor
    I really doubt the Fiio E5 or Fiio E6 would be better then a $200 Cowon audio player at driving headphones.
    My $40 Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip can drive headphones well enough that I stopped using my ($27) E6.
    I think you should sell off the Skullcandy and put all cash towards better headphones.

AladdinSane likes this.
  3. Bassheadspl
    Getting a fiio e5 amplifier will not have sufficient power for driving large headphones. So I would recommend the fiio e11, it has tons more power to drive headphones and its still portable.

4. Vidmaven
    Spend an extra $20 and get the C&C BH. I also agree with PurpleAngel though, get a better pair of cans.

nick n likes this.