Head-Fier
yeah im a basshead, i need more bass. i was considering

ibasso d2 amp
headstage lyrix pro (BASS GAIN)
C+C xo (BASS GAIN)
meier audio headsix
xin supermicro iv
xin supermini

so what do you guys think? need some help picking the next amp...currently using the C&C f1..kind of dissapointed in its synergy (lack thereof) with my denon d2000.

edit: this will be driving the denon d5000

Sep 23, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 21
The Graham Slee Voyager has quite a warm sound as it is, but it also has a "contour" switch that provides a really good bass boost without distorting or affecting the other frequencies at all. I've been saving to get one to go with my D5000's (had one a while ago but had to sell it for financial reasons).

Sep 23, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #5 of 21
okay boys upon doing further research in skylabs roundup, he had some artifacts describing the Headphonia Headstage Lyrix Pro. Even though he deleted the actual review, he used the Headphonia as a reference to gauge performance of other amps, apparently its a very good performer and one of the best amps for the buck.not to mention the current headphonia is an upgraded version. I think im going to get this amp. thanks for the input boys.

head fi is the **** =D

Sep 23, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarKu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
search for some used ibasso P2 it has a bass boost gain (3 gains i think)

+1 Very warm amp to begin with (listening to mine right now) And the 3 gain bass boost doesnt affect the mids and highs much at all.

Sep 23, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #9 of 21
The RSA Tomahawk (or Predator, if it's in your budget) should also be on your list. Oodles of lovely bass.

Sep 23, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #10 of 21
I'm going to throw the Minibox-E+ out there, although it is sadly unavailable right now
frown.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #12 of 21
The magnum. These go-vibes are seriously underrated values.

Sep 26, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #13 of 21
Why don't you get a Corda 2Move? Great amp! It has it all! Great bass as well!! I'm using mine with a cheap Denver cd player and feeding my Alessandro MS1...it SOUNDS GREAT!!! 100% recommended!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #14 of 21
I've just upgraded from a C&C box v2 to a Graham Slee Voyager. In "flat" setting it has plenty of bass, in "contour" in has even more but it's not excessive or boomy. It's also very musical. I've tried it with Senn HD650, Shure SE530, Sleek and Ety HF2 (latter current favourite). Voyager makes the C&C dull and tinny sounding in comparison. Only thing I don't understand is why, when it has a mini USB pwr input, which can be powered from PC or e.g. iPod power supply, it comes with a 12V mains transformer to another input needing more circuitry to give 9VDC to power the unit?? Question rather than a complaint - it's always good to have a choice of how to power (3rd option being battery of course).

Feb 5, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by hew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The magnum. These go-vibes are seriously underrated values.

+1. if the bass contour knob should give plenty of bass.

when the contour knob is at its max (bassiest), its so boomy it gives me a headache when used with iems, which is good news for a basshead i suppose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back