For use with Denon ah-d2000 & V moda m-80s

used with
zune hd,
hp touchpad,
laptop.

suggestions for amps

Follow the link
http://www.headfonia.com/music-on-a-budget-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout/

Personally, the Fiio E11 does everything I need it to do.  Small form factor, targeted bass boost, warmish tint.  But then again I use an iPod Touch4 and/or iPhone4 - so I can go line-out.

Does your Zune have a line-out though?  And do your cans actually need amping?

You maybe want to have a look at portable amp/dac - depending on how good the dac on your laptop is.  That might be more useful.

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #4 of 18
The zune has a input jack, is that the same thing as line out?... where you plug headphones into..
And my headphones probably dont need it.. lol.. is it worth it? bass boost, does it work well? i would like a little more bass on demand.

Whats better, E11 E7 E9? etc

Im not going to be usinig a DAC or whatever, the dock, Just a portable amp. are there controllable settings on the E7 and E11? or just one or the other. I want to be able to have some controll of some EQ settings if possible.

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #5 of 18

Quote:
The zune has a input jack, is that the same thing as line out?... where you plug headphones into..
And my headphones probably dont need it.. lol.. is it worth it? bass boost, does it work well? i would like a little more bass on demand.

I don't believe the zune has proper line-out.

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #6 of 18
Im leaning towards the E11 its the cheapest and it has bass boost etc and i am pretty much dsecribed whats in that link he sent me, whats the lowest you guys see the price of one drop to typically?

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #13 of 18
here is the website for jds labs cmoys: http://www.jdslabs.com/
the sound quality should be a lot better than the fiio e6, but the cmoy costs 60 bucks. it is more than worth its value

Sep 9, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #15 of 18
I keep reading that Fiio e6>e7 and that e7>e11
so im confused,

granted, as a amp its better than e7 i guess but as a dac it wont compete, im new but this is what im gathering from what i read. what is your source, then im sure others will chime in

i chose e6, its small, dirt cheap, and ive read great reviews about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back