Best portable Amp/DAC for Bowers & Wilkins P5's?
Dec 5, 2011 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Joe Mortimer

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I bought myself a pair of B&W P5's as I was tired of owning poor headphones. At the time however I did not realise that a good pair of  cans was only a start to achieving amazing sound quality. Since then I have started updating my library to Lossless Format, and I am now thinking its time I should buy a portable Amp/DAC. I would like to be able to use it with my iPod Classic on the train, but also with my laptop at home.My budget is the £200 mark.

Can anyone offer advise, or suggest a make/model that they have found best suits the P5's?

Thanks!
Joe 

Aug 20, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi all,

I hope you are well.

This is my first post on the forum, nice to meet you all!

I signed up to Head-fi to get some help about a new pair of headphones that I wish to purchase and I think I have already decided: Bowers & Wilkins P5, great sound, excellent build quality, sexy look...

I apologise in advance for re-opening an old thread but I would like to get some up-2-date information on some good portable AMP/DAC's under the €$£200 mark.

Fiio is the brand name that came up the most while checking the web (E17 and E18), but I am not an expert on this topic...

I am going to use my new headphones with an iPod Touch 4th Gen, a Windows laptop (DV6500) and, probably, a MacBook PRO in the coming months.

The AMP/DAC has to be a combo, well built with a great design. Obviously, it has to be a great product for its price tag.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
TotyVox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back