Best Planar Magnetic Headphones under $500?
Jul 24, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #32 of 67
I'm also interested in this post, I'd like to buy the HE560, overall I hear of everything but my main genre is EDM, since I'm not a headbass, do you think it's a good choice ?
Lots of people say the 560 is overpriced because the 400i sounds so close to it. The difference in sound quality doesn't seem to be that much

Jul 24, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #33 of 67
Lots of people say the 560 is overpriced because the 400i sounds so close to it. The difference in sound quality doesn't seem to be that much
There are similarities but they say that the HE560 has less bass, more brightness, more neutrality and a much wider sound stage, however I have no idea if these features are good for songs like EDM and Pop for example since I've never tried a Hi-End headphone.

Jul 24, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #34 of 67
The 560 has better bass with less decay then the 400i. The 400i has more quanity of bass . The 560 has also a cleaner, clearer presentation(to my ears).

This being said, I was an early adopter of the 400i, my statement is based on the version 1!

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #35 of 67
I think the 560's are a far better headphone than the 400i. Some saying it is close and the 560's are overpriced I don't think is the proper way to gauge it. There are people that spend big money on cables to get just a bit of increase in sound quality that is there choice and who am I to say they are wrong. I would be the person who bought the 400i's and was wondering what I was missing out on versus the 560's. Not trying to tell you what to buy that is totally up to you but no one has said the 400i's sound better than the 560's. This is just my opinion that's all.

Jul 24, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #36 of 67
I think the 560's are a far better headphone than the 400i. Some saying it is close and the 560's are overpriced I don't think is the proper way to gauge it. There are people that spend big money on cables to get just a bit of increase in sound quality that is there choice and who am I to say they are wrong. I would be the person who bought the 400i's and was wondering what I was missing out on versus the 560's. Not trying to tell you what to buy that is totally up to you but no one has said the 400i's sound better than the 560's. This is just my opinion that's all.
Do you think the HE560 is a good school for genres such as EDM and Pop?

Jul 24, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #37 of 67
Do you think the HE560 is a good school for genres such as EDM and Pop?
As you said your not a basshead they will be just fine it's not like they have no bass.

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #39 of 67
Quanto a amplificação, você acredita que o JDS Labs Elemento uma boa escolha ?
Had to put that thru a translator but I thought I got what you meant anyway just wanted to be sure. The Element is a very fine amp/dac. The first time I heard it it was with a pair of ZMF Omni's another planar and sounded very good to me.

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #40 of 67
80% of the time I'm listening to EDM (Plastic robots&Groove Delight atm).
And the 560's kill it with EDM. Senns never did it for me. HE500's are excellent as well, but lacked at other genres for me.
I'm also interested in this post, I'd like to buy the HE560, overall I hear of everything but my main genre is EDM, since I'm not a headbass, do you think it's a good choice ?

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #41 of 67
80% of the time I'm listening to EDM (Plastic robots&Groove Delight atm).
And the 560's kill it with EDM. Senns never did it for me. HE500's are excellent as well, but lacked at other genres for me.
As well as the 560 kills with EDM, is that in addition to I have to use google translator that does not always translate correctly I do not understand very well these languages of audiophilia, you meant that it kills because it is very good or because it spoils the music ?

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #42 of 67
Had to put that thru a translator but I thought I got what you meant anyway just wanted to be sure. The Element is a very fine amp/dac. The first time I heard it it was with a pair of ZMF Omni's another planar and sounded very good to me.
Is it that I forgot to copy the translated text, but outside the element, would you recommend another amp / dac drive well the he560 and that is in the same price range ?

Jul 25, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #45 of 67
Is it that I forgot to copy the translated text, but outside the element, would you recommend another amp / dac drive well the he560 and that is in the same price range ?
I don't own them so I just can go by what I've heard them from. Mostly from much more expensive setups. One amp that is in that price range that is very good is a Garage 1217 Project Ember you would still need a dac though as this is just the amp. Another dac/amp that I have not heard myself but gets good love around here is the Audio GD NFB 11.28. I've heard several of their other offerings and they are very good with solid build quality. Just some thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back