Best places for DIY cable supplies?
Apr 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #3 of 22
So far I have found eveything I need from Maplins, a UK electrical high street retailer and ebay. I just search under brand name eg Neutrik or type eg mini XLR.

Apr 14, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far I have found eveything I need from Maplins, a UK electrical high street retailer and ebay. I just search under brand name eg Neutrik or type eg mini XLR.

You mean just plugs or 'everything'? I'm in the midland and I have to import nearly everything, mostly from taiwan and singapore. Cant really find a piece of cryo or silver stuff here or they're just ridiculously overpriced.

Apr 14, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #7 of 22
canford has cables but the delivery charge is high too..

I was also looking at doublehelixcables.
seems to be fairly cheap for the quality.

Apr 14, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #8 of 22
popcorn.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by weibby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats your budget?

I really have no budget as I haven't decided which way my design is going yet. Just looking for some sources of good components so I can do some testing and see/hear what I like the best.

Apr 14, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #11 of 22
I've had no problems with Take Five, and they might be the only Canadian supplier who stock nylon multifil, instead of the cheaper techflex. Although I wish they had a wider variety of parts to choose from.

Apr 14, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mehve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had no problems with Take Five, and they might be the only Canadian supplier who stock nylon multifil, instead of the cheaper techflex. Although I wish they had a wider variety of parts to choose from.

and colours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back