Best Place to Go on Vacation
Jul 6, 2002 at 4:29 PM Post #16 of 22
How about Las Vegas. Great shows, gambling, good food. Also within driving distance from there some of the most beautiful national parks - Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Capital Reef, Lake Powell, Arches, Canyon Land.

Jul 6, 2002 at 5:38 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by jude
My wife loves London and the Scottish Highlands.

I enjoyed London as well after I learned which way to look before stepping off the curb. Was almost hit the first day there. Much safer underground.

Jul 6, 2002 at 6:13 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by jude
My wife loves London and the Scottish Highlands.

My Dream Vacations:

England & Ireland in late fall or around Christmas.

New Zealand for some sailboating and jet boating.

An Alaskan Cruise.

Beyond that, any place with museums and live music. I can usually find something interesting anywhere I go. I'll second Millerdog - any place I haven't been sounds good.

If you are on a budget and near by, Arkansas is a pretty good stop. Within an hour of my house alone, there are:
- 6+ lakes & 3 canoe sized rivers
- 7+ golf coarses
- Hiking trails, moutain cabins
- Eagle winter nesting grounds
- Several Art galleries (painting/sculpture/native)
- A Science Museum
- Two music festivals
- A documentary film festival
- Oktober Fest and the Scottish Festival & Celtic Games
- Rodeo
- A Karues(sp?) car auction and several car shows.
- More antique shops than you'd ever want to see (and even more pure Junk shops
- Racing: Horses, Sprint Cars, Motorcycles, Drags, Mud Drags(4wheelers and Jeeps), Sailboats
- public diamond hunting

I guess thats why I don't travel much.

Jul 6, 2002 at 6:30 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio Redneck
....An Alaskan Cruise....

The concept of a cruise from the standpoint of sightseeing is intriguing -- I've never been on a cruise.

The reason I'm a bit afraid of going on a cruise is because part of the experience of most cruise memories that friends and family share with me seems to point to a bit of forced socialization. Whereas most I talk to seem to like that aspect, I go on vacations to be very alone with my wife. I don't mind being around a lot of people on vacation, but I don't want to be put in situations where I have to meet others -- I meet plenty of new people in my non-vacationing life. Any comments from experienced cruisers on this?

Jul 9, 2002 at 4:00 PM Post #22 of 22
Ooo, Italy, every time! I could spend a month in Florence, just wondering around wide-eyed, looking at the architecture, having my wallet stolen, eating pizza, taking in the sights and smells! It's a perfect excuse to learn some Italian, which is such a beautiful language!
Sigh! I won't be going ANYWHERE on holiday until I've finished university (another three years, seven in total). Whoopee.
Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back