Best Place to Go on Vacation
Jul 4, 2002 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

ray4jc

100+ Head-Fier
The title pretty much says it all....

I had the opportunity to go to San Juan, Puerto Rico last summer. I really enjoyed it. There were tons of things to do.

You have the beach, rainforest, malls, etc...

Anyone else care to submit there choice....

ray

Jul 5, 2002 at 12:06 AM Post #2 of 22
Hawaii!
tongue.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2002 at 1:56 AM Post #7 of 22
hi jeff...thanks for the heads up...if i ever get to europe i'll remember that...actually...i ordered 4 pre-recorded minidiscs from the UK....got em for cheap....so i didn't know about the CDs....

ray

Jul 5, 2002 at 4:29 AM Post #8 of 22
Ditto on Hawaii...we have rainforests, beaches and malls too as well as live volcano Kilauea..Volcanos National Park, Maunea Kea, and Mauna Loa are all must see things on the Big Island and also the native wildlife and unspoiled native rainforrests...dang, i want to go right now myself...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2002 at 9:51 AM Post #9 of 22
The best place? The best place is somewhere you never been to before.
Hawaii, yes!(this endorsement paid for by the Hawaii Tourism Bureau)
md

Jul 5, 2002 at 12:44 PM Post #11 of 22
I would have to say France. We took a ferry from England then a train to Paris which we used as a base for a week. We would alternate between taking day trips and seeing the city. For the next week we took a train to Nice. What a place everything you could want at your fingertips. It was Spring and the crowds were not bad yet. Very relaxing.

If you go try and learn a little French and do not be demanding. I have traveled alot and learned that you will be treated well if you make an effort. We met some very nice people in France especially in the more rural areas where the pace is more relaxed. I almost forgot, visit the wineries.

Jul 5, 2002 at 1:28 PM Post #12 of 22
john,

Is there anything you recommend for Paris and Nice aside from the usual tourbook (e.g. Let's Go Europe) suggestions? I'm going for a 3 week run through Europe at the end of July and have about 3-4 days in Nice, 3 days in Paris.

Jul 5, 2002 at 3:37 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Possum
john,

Is there anything you recommend for Paris and Nice aside from the usual tourbook (e.g. Let's Go Europe) suggestions? I'm going for a 3 week run through Europe at the end of July and have about 3-4 days in Nice, 3 days in Paris.

If I were in Nice from the 20th to the 27th of July I would make it a point to go to the Jazz festival. Other places we went and enjoyed: Chateau park, Massena Square. There is a walking path which starts at the Lingostière station. Nice is a place to loose yourself just take it easy and walk around sampling the food and local fare. We do not stay in hotels that cater to English speaking people having found that you could go to Southern California and have the same experience in a nice hotel. It is a little more work but worth it to be imersed in the culture.

3 days in Paris, I would see the tourist book places for 75% of the day. They are too grand to miss. Then look for out of the way things that interest you. I have a passion for cooking so we spent part of a day going to shops and stores including Dehillerin that has everything you can imagine. It is close to the Bastile. There is so much in Paris that is truly worthwhile you need to plan your days to maximize the time.

Jul 6, 2002 at 3:27 PM Post #15 of 22
Cleethorpes !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back