Best place to get lossless qualty music? Good head phones for working out/gym that arent IEM? Cheaper is better.
Sep 22, 2013 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

timbo1130

New Head-Fier
I need some sugestions on headphones to go on walks with and also go to the gym and lift with. I dont really like in ear monitors. I really dont want to spend more than $50 us and absolutely wont go over $100 since I will use them only while working out about 1 or 2 hors a day max. I was thinking Koss porta pro as a possible solution. Is there a better head phone with in my budget for the intended purpose of use while working out and or taking leisurely walks? I listen to rock mostly but I want to get into more music particularly some good vocalists. I also am wanting to start getting good high quality recordings any sugestion on where to get high quality music for good prices would also be appreciated.

Sep 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #2 of 3
JVC HA-S400 and HA-S500 are excellent headphones for portable use like you describe.

For music, buy like new CDs off Amazon and rip them yourself.

Sep 23, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 3
CDs are definitely the way to go. Buy them off Amazon, or visit your local record store (assuming you live near one). Or if you're lucky like me, your local library may have CDs you can rent.

As far as digital downloads go, HDtracks is the first place you should try. They offer supposedly better-than-CD quality downloads. Everything's pricier there though.

If you listen to any indie or underground artists, they may have set up shop on bandcamp. What's special about this store is that the artist sets the price and is able to make more money off here than through iTunes or a traditional record label. You can also download music in several different formats, from MP3 to lossless. This is a great place to support underground artists while obtaining audiophile-worthy recordings.

beatport also offers music in WAV and AIFF, although they only cater to EDM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back