Best phones with non-analitycal sound...
Apr 1, 2004 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SanS

Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm just curious: what are best cans which have exciting and brighter sound, but in the same time sounding great?

I own Sennheiser HD590, and a lot people here say that their sound is non-analytical at all, like 580/600 have..., because of overloaded bass and the highs. Some stated that 580/600 have dark sound with less bass extencion and so on... If so then 580/600 are cans not for me (because I think that 590's are not overly bassy)...

By the way, there are a lot of threads here with a discussions concerning advantages/disadvantages and comparison the 590 to 580/600 - that's not the question now.

But I just wonder: what are the other cans sound in the way 590 do? And which one is the best in these terms?

Thanks for any opinions!

Apr 1, 2004 at 6:26 AM Post #2 of 2
I am in my first day with the Sony MDR-CD3000 and they are more exciting than the HD600. The HD650 is a more exciting can than the HD600 IMHO. There have been many positive posts regarding the AT-A900 here as it pertains to having a "fun" vs. analytical sound. I have not heard them myself but it was between the Sonys and the A-Ts when I was looking for a rock/metal/rap full-size can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back