Best PCDP for Under $60 w/ MP3 (IN STORE)...
May 24, 2005 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

roadtonowhere08

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, I am going to France for the summer, and I need a good PCDP for under 60 bucks that I can actually buy in a store. All I care about is sound quality and being able to play mp3's. Nothing else matters. Something at Wal Mart would be nice because I have a small gift card there, but it is not necessary. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #3 of 15
You should be able to find a Sony D-NE300 for $59.99 at Circuit City, Best Buy or Target. They are starting to phase them out, but I've still seen them at Circuit City and at Target in the past week or two. They have MP3 playback capability, long battery life, good sound and a parametric EQ.

The D-NE300 was replaced by the D-NE320 (I believe it's in black and orange, pretty cool looking). Again, parametric EQ, good battery life, mp3 playback... and right at the $60 mark.

There's also the D-NE319 at Best Buy for $46.99, it plays MP3, but only had the Mega Bass settings, not the parametric EQ.

good luck, and rock on!

May 24, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #6 of 15
Cool, is that the funky blue colored one? How much did you get it for?

congrats!

May 25, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
dude, add like 30-40 bucks more for D-NE500

I've heard things about the current higher end Sony's, and it sounds like anything over like $70 is not a real improvement in terms of SQ. I actually bought the D-NE20, but I returned it. I will not get $200 of fun out of it. Hell of a build quality though.

May 25, 2005 at 9:37 PM Post #10 of 15
so the D-NE500 isnt good? cuz i was planning on getting it.... hmmm maybe i should just save up for an MP3 player...

May 25, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

so the D-NE500 isnt good? cuz i was planning on getting it.... hmmm maybe i should just save up for an MP3 player...

I honestly don't know. I only know what I have read. From what I can tell, Sony has taken a nose dive in terms of sound quality on their PCDP's recently. I also hear that most PCDP's are getting slightly better now than a few years ago. Now I hear that the D-NE20 is not worth the astronomical price (no surprise there). I just said wha tthe heck, and got a cheaper one instead of just paying for features and build quality instead of sound quality. Anyone correct me if I am worng.

May 25, 2005 at 10:54 PM Post #12 of 15
this really turns my hopes around, maybe ill actually try an ipod mini.... although i kinda hate ipods. have u heard any good things about them? besides sounding good through their own buds?

May 26, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

this really turns my hopes around, maybe ill actually try an ipod mini.... although i kinda hate ipods. have u heard any good things about them? besides sounding good through their own buds?

Honestly, I don't know anything other than what I just said. I have never really been into portable stuff until now for my France trip. I'm sorry I'm not more of ahelp, but there are people here who will be much more helpful than I
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2005 at 2:03 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Well, there are lots of other digital audio players out there besides the IPod. For the past couple weeks I did a lot of research on them (eventually settled on one I liked) and from what I gathered, you can normally find ones that work just as well as the IPod for cheaper and more features. I love the internet, don't you? ^_^

May 26, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #15 of 15
yes i do, and i see that you like starcraft too. (battle.net?)

im such a confused boy, and im not very patient either. i have my mind on a rio carbon, Rio Karma, Ipod mini, Sony RH910.

If the mini can drive 212 pros perfectly without and amp and still have crazy bass, then ill go for that. if it cant then its off the list. i wanna kno just how big the karma is too(does anyone have pics that could compare sizes between the karma and something else?), the carbon may be a last resort choice and the sony im kinda hoping for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back