Best pair of gaming cans w/ mic to compliment an Astro Mixamp?
Nov 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

fetch

New Head-Fier
I've been told the PC360s take the medal, but I want to hear it from you guys now, not my inexperienced friends;

By gaming I mean competitive, pin-pointing footsteps, hearing someone throw a nade a mile away and know where he threw it from, that kind of stuff. Of course this will be my all around headset, so general use should have good quality as well.

Only thing I really care about is its capability. It MUST work on pc, xbox, and maybe even the xbox one for future use (not needed at all.) As long as it has that, I'll be happy. But about price, I'm on a budget as of NOW, so throw me a head set thats less than $200, I'll also need to put the amp on top of that which is another $130, BUT give me the top dog gaming headset as well if money were not an option, I can always stretch my budget once I make more money.  

Nov 9, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 6
  AKG Q701/K701

Don't even bother with headsets.

The K70x have a massive soundstage, that doesn't mean they're good for gaming because the imaging is nowhere near as accurate as other headphones.

The Ad700s are amazing for gaming.  The HD598s are also good but I would rank the ad700s ahead of everything else.

Nov 9, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #5 of 6
  The K70x have a massive soundstage, that doesn't mean they're good for gaming because the imaging is nowhere near as accurate as other headphones.

The Ad700s are amazing for gaming.  The HD598s are also good but I would rank the ad700s ahead of everything else.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-9-2-2013-sony-ma900-added

You sound like a special case.  I found the imaging to be stellar.  The AD700 is also very good, but if he does any music listening I wouldn't recommend it.

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #6 of 6
+1 to the AKG Q701

Amazing gaming can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back