Best overall 2.1 pc speakers
Nov 20, 2008 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

yeahman67

Head-Fier
I'll be using the speakers for gaming and music, and also movies. It should be able to hook up to a TV also and mp3 players. P.S. : I like bass
I've been looking at the
-logitech z-2300
-Klipsch pro media 2.1
-altec lansing fx4021

Any others to consider?

Thanks for your help

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #3 of 17
the AEGO Ms are pretty good. I'm using them currently, although i'll be upgrading to active monitors soon.

Nov 20, 2008 at 10:59 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the AEGO Ms are pretty good. I'm using them currently, although i'll be upgrading to active monitors soon.

I can recommend Aegos also.

Nov 21, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #10 of 17
I am also looking for a set and I'm heavily considering CambridgeSoundworks Extreme 2.1, and they have just added another option that upgrades the satellites.

Anyone heard the older version? Or listened to any of Cambridge theatre systems? I have heard the Klipsch and they do sound good, way better than my roommates Bose!

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #12 of 17
Absolutely the PM2.1's. I reccommended them to my current roommate over the summer to replace his crappy 2.0's and he loves them. He got them for $60 and I'd say they're comparable to my $330 B3's (although still definitely not as good). Bottom line, they have a great overall sound that has way better detail than any of logitech's setups while still sounding pretty reserved and plenty of bass, believe me.

Nov 22, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #13 of 17
The problem is, I'll pretty much be using the speakers for everything: music, games, and movies. So, I guess the bass factor is important. How does the bass of the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 compare to the Logitech Z-2300?

Nov 22, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #14 of 17
My Promedia subwoofer had a lot more distortion than I expected it to, especially at volumes that weren't unreasonably high. Its driver is 6.5" vs the Z2300's 8" driver, which no matter how high my roommate cranked never seemed to distort. At normal listening levels the Promedia's sub was fine and I can't really say I remember too much about the Z2300 except that nothing about it really bothered me too much. All I know is you can push the Z2300s about as loud as you'd ever want to hear anything and it won't distort as badly as the Promedia. Additionally for some music the Promedia sub put out some funny mid-bass notes for me, maybe it was a bad set? Just something to keep in mind. I liked the Promedias a lot just this is the only thing that ever bothered me.

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #15 of 17
My friend keeps his 2.1's subwoofer at about 8'o'clock and the bass is nearly excessive... it's all about placement, keep in mind. Trust me, there is PLENTY OF BASS...not just bass, nice, deep bass, too. That subwoofer really defies its size.

In the end, it's your choice. My best recommendation would be to buy both and sell or return the one you don't like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back