BEST OVER THE EAR/ FULL SIZE HEADPHONES FOR METAL
Mar 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 16
Open or closed? I'd say Grado 325i, if you're okay with open.

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 16
HD-25 I II is the most common recommendation of a closed HP for metal. But it does not cover your ear, goes over the ear. 

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 16
As I always recommend to those looking for a balanced sound signature around this price, the SoundMAGIC HP100.

Look up some reviews.  It really is a steal for how it is priced.

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #7 of 16
How are you finding the sound so far?

Looking for a new set of good headphones and basically looking for the same criteria, except I don't have an amp to run through whatever I end up buying atm

I plan to listen to a large variety of music but mostly death metal and I'm looking for something over-ear and closed-back. I also like my bass on the punchier side. I might just end up getting the Grados or HD-25 I II if these are a bust.

Thanks!

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #8 of 16
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Open-Studio-Headphones-Ohms/dp/B0011UB9CQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1363847923&sr=1-1&keywords=DT+990 for open back

or

https://www.mrspeakers.com/MrSpeakers-Mad-Dog-Alpha-Pad

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #10 of 16
I will let u know I got em off amazon and waiting for em, if the bass is good and I can hear everything that's going on in I guess what they call "soundstage" then they will be worth it. I listen to all manner of metal but I'm mostly in to traditional metal as well as power metal, blind guardian being my fav and often they have a lot going on so I want to enjoy that to the fullest. I chose closed because during summer I have like 3 fans going at once and closed I can't really hear the ambient sound in my room. But the price was right. I took a leap of faith.

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:
I will let u know I got em off amazon and waiting for em, if the bass is good and I can hear everything that's going on in I guess what they call "soundstage" then they will be worth it. I listen to all manner of metal but I'm mostly in to traditional metal as well as power metal, blind guardian being my fav and often they have a lot going on so I want to enjoy that to the fullest. I chose closed because during summer I have like 3 fans going at once and closed I can't really hear the ambient sound in my room. But the price was right. I took a leap of faith.

Remember that burn-in helps, and that the FiiO has a bass boost if you find it to be insufficient (you shouldn't).

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:
And is their a better portable amp I should look in to? Amy reasons why said amp would be an upgrade to the one I just got?

The FiiO E07K has an amp that is a bit better than the E11, along with a dac (E11 doesn't have one).  I think that you would be able to tell a big difference from the dac, and a small difference from the amp (HP100 isn't too hard to drive).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back