Best Open Headphones for Gaming? $300-$500
Jan 25, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #49 of 50
Thanks. I can't demo and I don't feel they are big enough of an upgrade above what I already have. Would like to try them out, but after courier service + customs + VAT, it's going to be a 400€ try-out.

The Argon Mk3 sits between a modded Fostex TH-X00 PH and STAX SR-L300 Limited/L700 in terms of sound quality and presentation...noticeably closer to STAX being planar with a dynamic/punchy sound and open/spaciousness to the presentation of sound. Does pretty much EVERYTHING better than the TH-X00 other than subbass impact/presence and energetic highs, which it trades for smooth yet highly detailed highs and one of the most non-fatguing listens in a headphone, moreso than Sennheiser HD6XX for me. Really makes a modded TH-X00 PH obsolete except if you want to experience that subbass presence, which the PH does like nothing else.

The Argon Mk3 strike a great balance between warm, and full sounding with subbass impact and midbass punch and very detailed and open sounding with planar speed and finesse.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back