Best Non-Custom Flagship IEM
Dec 2, 2007 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

jinx20001

Headphoneus Supremus
what do we think, i specify non customs because of the destinct advantage of customs

DONT BE AFRAID TO VOTE OTHER GUYS!! the list i provide is just a few up there possibilities to create a worthwhile poll

Dec 2, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 21
I voted ER4 because my preference lies towards a balanced brighter sound. I have tried E500 (too dark) and super.fi pro 5 (excessive bass).

Dec 2, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I voted ER4 because my preference lies towards a balanced brighter sound. I have tried E500 (too dark) and super.fi pro 5 (excessive bass).

...and I voted for the E530 (well, the E500) for exactly the opposite reasons that you voted for the ER4....

...Just goes to show that no two people hear the same
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #6 of 21
HA-FX66, not flagship, but great lil cans.

Dec 2, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #7 of 21
I get the feeling from these polls that the majority of pollsters haven't actually listened to every "flagship IEM", so they're naturally going to vote (if they do) for the one that they like the best out of those that they have heard.

I'll stay out of this poll because out of the four listed I've only heard the E500 (same as SE530) and the q-JAYS, but I do want to hear the Triple.fi 10 Pro someday and see how they fit, as well.

Out of the E500 and q-JAYS, I preferred the q-JAYS because they were brighter, more lively and "open" sounding. I felt a lot of detail was missing from the E500.

Dec 2, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #8 of 21
"Best" as in order of preference, right? A combination of sound quality, wearing comfort, price, etc.
That would imo be the Westone UM2

Dec 2, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Best" as in order of preference, right? A combination of sound quality, wearing comfort, price, etc.
That would imo be the Westone UM2

nice to hear this from you my headphonus supremus: I've just buyed them!
cool.gif

Dec 2, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #10 of 21
IMO, price is very important but not the most… a good combination of price/sound quality/isolation & comfort is how I try to choose and for the moment the CrossRoads MylarOne XB’s sound great to me…but I do have to admit it’s taken them over 200 hours to get there
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Just goes to show that no two people hear the same
biggrin.gif

Exactly, and that's why I provided my rationale and preference. I actually bought the E500 because I find the ER4P/S a little thin sounding at times. I recently bought a replacement cable for my Ety and I think I've found my perfect balance. I should post my impressions.

Dec 2, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get the feeling from these polls that the majority of pollsters haven't actually listened to every "flagship IEM", so they're naturally going to vote (if they do) for the one that they like the best out of those that they have heard.

I'll stay out of this poll because out of the four listed I've only heard the E500 (same as SE530) and the q-JAYS, but I do want to hear the Triple.fi 10 Pro someday and see how they fit, as well.

Out of the E500 and q-JAYS, I preferred the q-JAYS because they were brighter, more lively and "open" sounding. I felt a lot of detail was missing from the E500.

this was my aim when i posted the poll, i knew not everyone has heard them all but its nice to know exactly what everyone is digging at this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back