1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best Neutral IEM for $100

1. xYoshix
    Hey, so I'm looking for a clear, detailed IEM with some decent soundstage. I really like the sound of the Shure SRH840 on-ears, and I'm looking for an IEM sounding like them. They clearness of the sound just gives me this sonic enjoyment that I really love. My budget is $100, I can go a little over if needed. I'm thinking about getting the Etymotic MK5's, any info about them? Thanks for the help! :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  2. xYoshix
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  3. serman005
    If you can stretch a bit, you can get into a Campfire Comet. Well worth it at the price-point.

4. xYoshix
    Mm.. It's kinda too much for me. :/

What do you think about the Etymotic MK5?

5. serman005
    I have not heard that one but I do like the Etymotic brand quite a lot. If you don't mind a v-shaped signature, the iBasso IT01 is fantastic at $99. You might read about it and see what you think. It might work.

6. Colors
    Etymotics are good.

7. PaganDL
    Hi Xyoshix,

iBasso IT 01 is a good choice for the dynamic sound & excellent bass response though it's not really neutral but still well recommended, it is my daily.
    The other choice I would recommend for a slightly more 'neutral' & smooth sound would be Meze 12 Classics, among my favourite IEMs.

8. buke9
    Havi B3 Pro1’s very neutral and good soundstage but do require a amp to get the best out of them. They might be discontinued not sure but still very good.

9. xYoshix
    They look quite promising, unfortunately they aren't available in Poland :/

Thanks for the reply tho :)

10. buke9
    Not a problem they are power hungry for a Iem but do sound pretty good for $70 USD.

11. xYoshix
    Okay, so I've decided to go with the Etymotic MK5's. I thought I might review them for some people looking for the same question anytime soon.

They sound absolutely incredible, especially for this price. The highs are crystal clear, very detailed, much more actually than any previous sets I've tested.

They also sound like they have a little bit of reverb compared to other headphones I have tested.

The mids are very good, and the seperation is really good on the IEM's, you can tell apart which part of the song you hear.

The soundstage is HUGE for a pair of earbuds, very wide. Even bigger than some on-ears.

You can hear every detail of the song, you can even catch things that are far away, and some are even thrown "at your face", compared to other sets I've tested.

The bass isn't really that bad for neutral headphones either, it's kinda punchy, not too strong. I personally really like it :)

I have also switched to the foam tips, since i haven't found the tri-flange tips really comfortable, I couldn't seem to get a good seal around my ear, it could be different for you tho.

The foam tips are super comfortable on the other hand, you even forget that you have them on, and sometimes you don't even feel like taking them out :D

I totally recommend these IEM's for anyone that's looking for such an option in this criteria. :)

EDIT: I actually switched back to the stock tri-flange tips and I've realised i was inserting them in wrong. They are supposed to go STRAIGHT into the ear canal. The sound quality is even better now.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    menuki likes this.