Best neutral, closed, and not Made in China-Taiwan headphones ?
Apr 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:
FYI the K272HD is no longer made in Austria.

Really
frown.gif
, what about K271S, I have the older (MK I) and it proudly says "Made in Austria" on the cup.
Wonderful phones btw and triple wonderful paired with Mr Speakers Dog Pads, effect is unbelievable.
K271S with Dog Pads - Match made in heaven!

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:
Really
frown.gif
, what about K271S, I have the older (MK I) and it proudly says "Made in Austria" on the cup.
Wonderful phones btw and triple wonderful paired with Mr Speakers Dog Pads, effect is unbelievable.
K271S with Dog Pads - Match made in heaven!

The K27X's are definitely one of the best neutral closed options out there and I think they're seriously underrated here at Head-Fi. First time I've seen anyone suggest different pads for it- what about the new alpha pads? Might be interesting.

Unfortunately I think all of its variants are currently being produced in China, so you have to find older ones produced pre-2007 (or whenever AKG decided to switch).

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

The K27X's are definitely one of the best neutral closed options out there and I think they're seriously underrated here at Head-Fi. First time I've seen anyone suggest different pads for it- what about the new alpha pads? Might be interesting.

Unfortunately I think all of its variants are currently being produced in China, so you have to find older ones produced pre-2007 (or whenever AKG decided to switch).

Alpa Pads are not round, but might fit, Dog Pads on the other hand are perfect size and shape match. Original version of K271S was shipping with only pleather pads, which were meh at best. I ordered velour pads from AKG (same that shipped with MK II now) and never looked back. Tried out Beyer pads once but they didn't work out well. But Dog Pads are totally awesome, they really turn K271S into more dynamic equivalent of Mad Dogs with better extended treble.

Apr 11, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #19 of 20
Thank you for the help but I don't think I'll change the pads myself...

Any answer for my questions, in particular the comparison between the Beyerdynamics and the Audio Techicas ?

Quote:

The Beyer Dynamic ones (DT250 and DT1350) really interest me (with what I read on the internet). I'm just afraid the sound would be precise but not natural and flat like the t50p (for example, compared with the ESW9 who reflects well the intimistic athmosphere in whith those musics were recorded)... I should try them.
What is the best between the two ?
Is there a comparison possible with the Audio Technica A1000X or A900X ? Is the sound as good as the ATH-M50 (this is the best I heard for now I think) ?

If I understand well, an amp is necessery for all of them...

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #20 of 20
I tested today the Beyerdynamics DT250 and DT770, I liked them. Sincerely, I found that the DT770 has more spatialization of sound. I didn't found a lot of differences with the DT250-80, in my smartphone. The seller told me the DT770 is very neutral, and the DT1350 (they didn't have it) very bassy, but in the internet it seems to be written differently. It was the 770 that I could the best heard the different sounds seperately. The DT250 is more comfortable.
In clear, I find that in the 770, the cords sound very good, the voice is clear, but I fear that it is artificial, due to the critics that say it is bassy... What do you think ?

I tested also a Sennheiser HD-25 which happened to be Made in Ireland, but I found the sound very confused.

The seller told me the hifi-headphones like the ATH-1000X aren't so neutral, they made the sound more soft...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back