Best/neatest way to carry headphones?
Jan 15, 2009 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mojo

100+ Head-Fier
I have been using my Nokia N73 for listening to audio books, podcasts and the like. It's very handy because I carry my phone anyway, and sound quality does not really matter for speech.

The problem is that the Nokia headphones I'm using are not easy to carry. You end up with a mess of wire in your pocket, so I'm looking for some options.

The best thing would probably be a good carry case of some kind that I could use with my beloved Yuin PK1's. I could use it with my 3G iPod/cmoy too. There don't seem to be many cases designed for buds or IEMs though, and the ones that do exist don't look very good. Can anyone recommend some?

The alternative is to buy some retractable 'phones. Most of them are cheap and crappy, but probably fine for just speech. I have some Audio Technica clip-ons that are retractable, but I don't they don't clip on very well. Buds are generally better for travelling I think, because they cut out outside noise better. IEMs would be nice but I tend to find them uncomfortable when on the move. Can anyone recommend some good retractable 'phones?

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 3
Something like those HeadRoom bags would be perfect if it had built in cable wrapping posts. The sort of thing that newer Apple chargers have - little L shaped posts you can wrap the cable around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back