Best Music For Headphone Listening?
Jan 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #16 of 20
Just listened to the AKA track you mentioned and I think I can hear what you mean, it's like there is a distorted vocal underneath the main vocal.

For decent recordings I really like;

Beatles - abbey road (George Martin produced)
Michael Jackson - bad (Quincy jones produced)
Jaheim - still ghetto (not sure who produced)
death cab for cutie - most of their albums (not sure who produced)
Lots of commercial RnB/pop/rap like Ne-yo, Jay Z, Alicia keys, John legend, beyonce, Kanye west.

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #17 of 20
Thanks, good to hear I'm not just imagining that 'fluff' on Noels vocal! 

I'm a massive fan of the Quincy Jones/Michael Jackson albums Off the Wall and Thriller but never liked Bad or anything else after this really, sorry (and sorry Michael R.I.P.) For the record, Don't Stop Till You Get Enough remains firmly in my top ten tracks of all time, always gets me making shapes!  

I'll check out your recommendations and see which of the Beatles albums stuff I have is George Martin.

Jan 16, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #18 of 20

George Martin produced all of the Beatles albums, so any you do have are done by him.

Another album I forgot to mention that I love and what sounds great on headphones is:

The Postal Service - Give Up.  The "Such Great Heights" track is my personal favourite.

Quote:
Thanks, good to hear I'm not just imagining that 'fluff' on Noels vocal! 

I'm a massive fan of the Quincy Jones/Michael Jackson albums Off the Wall and Thriller but never liked Bad or anything else after this really, sorry (and sorry Michael R.I.P.) For the record, Don't Stop Till You Get Enough remains firmly in my top ten tracks of all time, always gets me making shapes!  

I'll check out your recommendations and see which of the Beatles albums stuff I have is George Martin.

May 31, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:
I borrowed a Pendulum album from my brother, sounds 'clean' enough but not quite what I'm looking for when I want to chill and have a mellow listen! 
Anything less likely to induce a nose bleed?

Tarantulas' a great track though!

How chill? A really great chill track would be "Small Time Shot Away" by Massive Attack, and if that's more to your liking I'd check out their other stuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back