best (most versatile for setup/genres) set of cans with chord mojo2?
Feb 26, 2022 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

canali

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi gang: ...thinking of getting back into audio but on a more scaled down version.
not interested in a desktop dac/amp setup or such...just thinking instead of buying
the new chord mojo2 to be used from my phone/ipad/computer with a great set of cans
that are versatile for all music genres (but mostly rock, blues, instrumental) and can be driven easy enough
with this simple setup.

thanks and happy listening.

Feb 26, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 10
The Mojo2 claims to be powerful enough to drive anything. What's your budget for the headphones?
Thsnks...$1k...looking for great bang for the buck cans...good soundstage, detailed, balanced...on the neutral-warm side (but I also luv good tight bass without being overblown).

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #5 of 10
A used Focal Clear. There are some in the classifieds.

Feb 22, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #10 of 10
Thsnks...$1k...looking for great bang for the buck cans...good soundstage, detailed, balanced...on the neutral-warm side (but I also luv good tight bass without being overblown).
I'd avoid Grado because they're not very comfortable and the stock cable sucks. That's just me, they do sound good. If you want bang for the buck SJY Moonlights with a balanced cable from Corpse Cable or a Hifiman HE6se V2. Really, anything from HiFiMan is a good choice. Ananda Nano, Arya V2, HE-1000, Edition XS, whichever. Oh, and SASH Tres is supposed to be good, but the wait is about 3 months - and comes with the risk of your headphones getting blown up by Russia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back