May 3, 2004 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

mclaren20

Headphoneus Supremus
Subject says it all.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2004 at 3:00 AM Post #4 of 18
How can I possibly choose between:

Peace Sells <--> Rust in Peace

If forced to pick one I will take "peace sells" although they are equally great examples of 1980's speed metal (when USA metal scence ruled the world) also it did come first so props for that fact.

Dave Mustaine extracts his sweet revenge, as Metallica peaked and started the obvious slide down, Megadeth emerges in prime form to dethrone them. On your knees Metallica pay tribute to the new metal gods, ha ha
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2004 at 3:13 AM Post #5 of 18
humm... the old school stuff is the best.

B00005V0X5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! [EXPLICIT LYRICS] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED] [EXTRA TRACKS]

Album Description
Deluxe Edition sees the entire record remixed by Dave Mustane and producer/mixer Bill Kennedy, completely digitally remastered, 4 original 1984 demo's are added as bonus tracks. Also includes original artwork intended to be on album packaging, song by song liner notes by Dave Mustane & bassist David Ellefson. Demo versions - 'Last Rites/Loved To Death', 'The Skull Beneath The Skin' and 'Machanix'. Loud Records.

B000002UDD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000002U9U.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000002UUX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Well, those above are the only ones worth getting, they starting crapping out after that last one, IMHO.

May 3, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #6 of 18
I'm not a Megadeth enthusiast, but they have some decent albums. My top 5:

1. Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
2. Rust in Peace
3. Countdown to Extinction
4. Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good!
5. Youthanasia

May 3, 2004 at 4:50 AM Post #7 of 18
My favorite album is the one with the song Dirt Torpedo on it. Can't remember the album now, but that one was excellent.

May 3, 2004 at 6:37 AM Post #8 of 18
I like "Countdown to Extinction". I think Megadeth works best with structured shorter songs.

May 3, 2004 at 6:42 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
My favorite album is the one with the song Dirt Torpedo on it. Can't remember the album now, but that one was excellent.

You're thinking of the song "High Speed Dirt" from Countdown to Extinction, which is probably my second favorite album of thiers (close with Peace Sells) if only for the godly "Ashes in Your Mouth."

May 3, 2004 at 7:43 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
You're thinking of the song "High Speed Dirt" from Countdown to Extinction, which is probably my second favorite album of thiers (close with Peace Sells) if only for the godly "Ashes in Your Mouth."

Heh, I forgot that the line, "I'm a dirt torpedo" is a line in the song High Speed Dirt. Good catch. Countdown to Extinction is my favorite album by them then. I haven't heard it in several years, but it rocks.

May 3, 2004 at 6:34 PM Post #11 of 18
Rust in Peace and Youthanasia are my favourites, although you can't really go wrong with anything up until Risk. The Hidden Treasures and Live Trax EP's are must-haves for any Megafan as well.

May 4, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #12 of 18
Yes, Rust in peace is definitely their best album followed closely behind by Countdown and then Peace Sells..., the Hidden Treasures disc is also quite solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back