Best looking tube amp
Jan 16, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #1,516 of 1,828
Classic looking with modern technology such as blue tooth:

1ac01de8f9aacf599d94677d5eea9db6.jpg

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #1,523 of 1,828
I just found this thread and thumbed through all 102 pages.  Thanks to everyone who posted.  I did note a distinct lack of Little Dot love, so here's some variations of the MK VI+.  Mine still has stock tubes, but once I upgrade to some "Coke bottle" driver tubes I'll post my personal amp.

- Dave

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #1,525 of 1,828
I have a question for the avid tube-rollers on the thread/forum.  How do you store all your displaced vacuum tubes?  So far, I've been replacing tubes on the MK III and MK VI+ with same-sized tubes, and repurposing the new tube boxes as storage for the old[er] tubes, but now I've gone from smaller round tubes to Coke bottle-shaped tubes and my logical shift left of boxes and tubes won't quite work.

Do you have some container for all your old/spare tubes, or keep them in their original boxes when possible, or have some other clever storage method?  Between the two Little Dots amps, I'm amassing quite a collection of unused vacuum tubes and would like to store them in such a way as to not damage them, especially long term.

Thanks!

- Dave

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #1,526 of 1,828
  I have a question for the avid tube-rollers on the thread/forum.  How do you store all your displaced vacuum tubes?  So far, I've been replacing tubes on the MK III and MK VI+ with same-sized tubes, and repurposing the new tube boxes as storage for the old[er] tubes, but now I've gone from smaller round tubes to Coke bottle-shaped tubes and my logical shift left of boxes and tubes won't quite work.

Do you have some container for all your old/spare tubes, or keep them in their original boxes when possible, or have some other clever storage method?  Between the two Little Dots amps, I'm amassing quite a collection of unused vacuum tubes and would like to store them in such a way as to not damage them, especially long term.

Thanks!

- Dave

Hhhmmm, I don't know if this helps. I have all tubes that I consider great and need in the future stored in 3 drawers under Rectifiers, Driver Tubes and Power tubes. Older pic below:

Then disregarded tubes or tubes I do not like I keep in original boxes and throw in the pot of the fake tree. See below:

I do also have some others stored in the garage in boxes. Also a few spare at work just in case my place burns down. So I can start up again quickly.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Tubes are used for this:

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #1,527 of 1,828

Thanks!

- Dave

If you haven't already, you can get extra white tube boxes of all sizes from some eBay sellers. Having each tube in an individual tube box is an absolute requirement, I think.

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #1,528 of 1,828
Thanks Badas and Stereolab42 for your quick replies.  While I may not implement the fake tree standard 
biggrin.gif
 I do like the idea of getting a few extra boxes off of eBay and storing them in drawers for future upgrades/retrogrades.  Right now, I've got a small drawer shared with my displaced single-ended headphone cables filled with OEM boxes of displaced tubes.  Since my amps came with tubes preinstalled, I have exactly one less set of boxes than I do tubes, which again was OK 'til I swapped different shaped tubes.

Thanks again!

- Dave

Feb 2, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #1,530 of 1,828
^

So nice. I like simple designs. Better on the eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back