Sep 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #61 of 74
Sep 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #62 of 74
Quote:
WATCH [size=small](Wilson Audio Theater Comes Home) [/size]Dog Sub-woofer

thats a fridge...just right for a hifi chef's kitchen. lol

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #63 of 74
Quote:

thats a fridge...just right for a hifi chef's kitchen. lol

For the price they might as well throw in a free fridge.
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #67 of 74
How is it possible that a thread about loudspeaker's design lacks mentioning of Bang & Olufsen?

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #69 of 74
  i personally prefer the simple beaty of a wooden box.  stained and lacquered to a beautiful shine, with the natural grain showing through.

but, in the "ipod" age, this Blade by KEF, it seems, is pretty exemplary of the "new style".
piano black and gloss white are all the rage in 2012. 
rolleyes.gif

Its easy to confuse the industrial design of the KEF Blade as oversized speakers for the Apple Mac generation.  There is more to their appearance than pandering to current design trends.  The bass drivers are raised up to to surround the latest iteration of KEF's Uni-Q driver, which is a long standing KEF technology that combines midrange and tweeter into a single drive unit.  The combination of these elements create what KEF marketing calls a 'single point source of sound' as opposed to air being shifted from a number of drive units spanning the cabinet which create multiple points.  The cabinet design is part aesthetic, inspired by Brancusi's 'Bird in Space' sculpture but is also functional in minimising vibration and colouration, as well allowing air to flow effectively out of the cabinet due to the drive units raised positioning.  I only know this amount of detail because I was fortunate enough to have an extended road test of a pair earlier this year and I have to say they really are an exceptional pair of speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back