Best lineout cable for ipod touch 4g?
Jan 25, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 6
I like my FiiO L9 LOD "http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-L9-L-Shaped-Cable-iPhone/dp/B004QVNNI0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1327542964&sr=8-5".

I've heard the iPhone 4s.  I made a comparison thru a single pair of Bowers & Wilkins headphones (same song) switching back/forth and I prefer my T-Mobile Galaxy S2. I have the iPod Touch 3rd gen. and it's not even a contest. I much prefer the SGSII.

However, I must inform you of the details. I have the T-Mobile version which is slightly different than the other SGSII phones. I use Power-Amp 2. I use the EQ which produces some artifact-sounds as songs tapper off (but not without the EQ). And, the most important part, is it appears to be the perfect match for my Shure SE535s. I can create a nice balance with cute crisp highs and decent bass along with a mid-range that places the lead singer in a slightly recessed center with background singers beyond my ears in a sound-stage wider than my Sennheiser IE8s can manage. Stereo effects are very noticeable with SGSII plus Shure SE535.

Many other headphones produce much less of a distinction between the SGSII and my (Rockbox'd) Sansa Clip+ (as I've compared them on every display headphone in Best Buy, the Apple Store, and my (and my brother's) collection. For me, the phone and headphones are a good match. But, I can see maybe upgrading to the iBasso DX100 plus UE 11s or JH16s one day. What is that $2000+??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back