best K701 portable amp, new or used under $350
Oct 16, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #76 of 90
oh ok I don't need that

there was a slight change in my space plans that I forgot to mention, I'm switching colleges for the spring semester and this one has nice big dorm rooms so I will be able to get a full sized amp too. the little dot I+ sounds pretty good right now, it's a good price too. are there any other full sized amps under 200 I should be looking at? (I will have room for a small full sized amp but not much more then that)

Oct 16, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #78 of 90
Oct 16, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #79 of 90
I didn't even know about this site, thanks!

Oct 17, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #83 of 90
with the ebay cash back deal going on I can get the little dot I+ for under $100

Oct 17, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #84 of 90
can anybody using the K701 with an ibasso d2 boa chime in with their impressions?

perhaps compared with a desktop amp?

it's strange because i'm getting a fuller bass response from my ety er-4ps and there's a kind of peakiness in the lower treble.

just wondering if this is due to underamping (or burn-in? been playing music through them continuously for about a week)

Oct 18, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #85 of 90
I'd also be interested in knowing what erasmus is asking.

I'm pretty sure I want a portable not because I'll be taking it out with my K601s and my iPod but because of the size and the convenience of being able to sit with my laptop and headphones. Without having heard a good amp (better than my lowly bithead)--full or portable--I'm tempted to just look for a full-size amp. I'm thinking, though, that for my ears, I could convince myself that a D2 Boa silver or D3 could sound good enough powering my headphones that I won't think I need anything significantly better.

Thoughts?

Oct 18, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #86 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverstonettl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm thinking, though, that for my ears, I could convince myself that a D2 Boa silver or D3 could sound good enough powering my headphones that I won't think I need anything significantly better.

Thoughts?

belief is a wonderful thing
confused_face(1).gif

Oct 19, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #89 of 90
Heard the Millet Hybrid yesterday. This is a nice amp for a portable. Matched with an imod, I could be happy with this as a main rig. It's not in your price rainge though.

As many have mentioned, it is worth the time and money to get to a meet and listen to this stuff. It's cool to be with folks that have the same interest in equipment and you can really get a feel of what better sound is available.

If you don't want your heart broken though, don't listen to the Orpheus big or little. Woah.

Oct 19, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #90 of 90
Long thread.
My two cents.
I have the K701- Awesome earphones. And I use the "Hornet" -Ray Samuels ($370). It is an awesome combo, it has no problem driving it, the sound is spectacular and Ray is a first class person and first class company.
The Hornet has a life time warrantee and Ray is always helpful. I emailed questions to him, called for advise and he was always friendly, helpful and patient.
Beside a gem of a product, these are the people that should be supported and rewarded by us.
First class all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back