Best Jazz/rock cans also good for acoustic and electronica?
Aug 26, 2009 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

adam_eu

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
which headphones should i try first if i listen:
35% jazz / 25% acoustic / 20% rock / 20% electronica

I don't like punchy bass, but i like when it's present and well controled.
I love sweet mids and crisp highs. Good instruments separation is a must.
I don't wan't to spent more than 400$.

adam

Aug 27, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see in your sign that you all ready have the K701?

Yes, i have them but I'm still trying to chose right amp for them, so at the moment they're in box and I've absolutely no idea how they really sound. I just know from opinions that I might like them. But I'm not sure, so that's why I ask.
I must say it's hard to find amp for K701.

Anyway You really think that well amped K701 would be good also for rock and electronica?
RS1 is also a great idea but i heard that Grados are only good at rock? Is it true?

So You're saying that I should buy a good amp for K701 or sell them and an get RS1?

Aug 27, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by adam_eu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, i have them but I'm still trying to chose right amp for them, so at the moment they're in box and I've absolutely no idea how they really sound. I just know from opinions that I might like them. But I'm not sure, so that's why I ask.
I must say it's hard to find amp for K701.

Anyway You really think that well amped K701 would be good also for rock and electronica?
RS1 is also a great idea but i heard that Grados are only good at rock? Is it true?

So You're saying that I should buy a good amp for K701 or sell them and an get RS1?

What I'm saying is, you buy a good amp and you buy the RS-1, and you'll have a lot of fun.
smile_phones.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #6 of 6
What about a used Stax 2050 system? I'm not sure, but I think it might match your price limit. This one I think was sold for 410 USD. I haven't heard it myself, but I have the 3030 and it fits your sound requirements pretty well. The 2050 has the reputation of a great value for money and I'm pretty sure you could sell it at almost no loss should you not like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back