best inner ear phones, MX500?
Nov 26, 2002 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ewok

Head-Fier
Im after a pair of earphones, have heard the MX500 reccomended quite a bit. Is there anything better or is this about as good as it gets for earbud type phones?

Going to be used for portable cd player/mp3 player as I have HD600's for home use.

Nov 26, 2002 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 4
IMO they're the best bar none. I've tried quite a few ear buds and all but the 20ukp I paid for the 500s was money down the toilet. I haven't tried the Eytomic ER4, but I did buy the ER6s. I hated them with a passion, instantly - no bass, overemphasised midrange.

I also found the Sony EX70s appalling.

I have no difficulty adjusting between the MX500s and HD600s.

Nov 27, 2002 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 4
The Etymotic ER-4 are neutral when it comes to sound. In other words what you hear out of them is extremely close to real life IMO. They do require a good seal for good base. Some people cannot stand them in their ears but if that is not a problem I would highly recommend the ER-4. There are 2 types to consider the 4P and the 4S. The 4P does not require an amp while the 4S does. The 4P may also be converted to a 4S with an inexpensive adapter cable. The isolation is better than any other in ear phone I have listened too. When listening you are virtually isolated from the world around you. Do a search for Ety or Etymotic and you will find many threads on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back