Best in-ears for under $150?
Jul 15, 2013 at 2:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

ElPringelss

New Head-Fier
I am looking for some earphones that have the best clarity among all else. I would like tight bass and clear mids and highs. I mainly listen to electro, drum 'n' bass, chill and dubstep.

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #6 of 21
Best clarity huh? Then you might want something cold and analytical. From what I heard and my EQing experience, reducing bass while boosting treble (slighty) give the best clarity out of them phones.
I guess Etymotic HF5 fits the bill, though there might be better IEMs around this price range

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #8 of 21
I've really been impressed by the Klipsch X10s purchased for $86 on Amazon. They have a far more impactful bass than I was expecting, good mods, and excellent high frequency extension. Their main drawback is the ergonomics which mimic Etymotics' 4s. My go-to "I don't care what happens to them" IEMs used to be the UE 700s, but the X10s have won me over. They're now ~130 from sellers on Amazon.

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #14 of 21
Take a look at the phonak pfes before they are gone. You can get the pfe 012's from earphone solutions for under 100 and then buy a set of grey and/or black filters. Can't go wrong with them. I have also heard good things about the rockit r50's, but haven't heard them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back