Best In Ear for a Bass Addict
Mar 30, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #31 of 47
Vote for vB, it has great quality and quantity of bass, also you get the bonus for extended treble (if you think the treble is too sharp, just give foam tips then everything will be perfect) and lively mid, if your budget for sub $100, you can't be wrong to chose it.

for other option, I prefer MTP and Senn IE 8

Mar 30, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #32 of 47
lol, I feel like a dunce, I have been calling myself an audiophile and up until like 3 days ago I had never messed with an equalizer, Wow, I love my altec lansing im616's for all kinds of music now, I jacked up the bass and I like these alot better than my UE super.fi 5 EB's for bass. I get the best of both worlds. The bass is definitely less quantity from my EB's but they aren't muddy like I found my EB's to be, couldn't quite find the right eq settings. Lol I just spent like 2 hours trying to route all my audio through a free parametric equalizer in windows and gave up for now, but Wow. single armature im616 IEM's + bass jacked up in EQ = awesomeness to me.

Apr 10, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #33 of 47
Monster Turbine standards or Hippo VBs for the best bass response in the 30-60 Hz unamped on an iPod? Or is there better in the $150 and less range? Please only comment if you have listened to the IEMs in question and can compare.

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #34 of 47
not to threadjack, but has anyone owned both the MTP golds and the denon C710s? i may pick up the MTP golds soon to see if they can satisfy my needs, but the prospect of picking up the C710s and saving some cash is appealing.

i think some comments/comparisons between the earphones suggested would help narrow down the possible candidates for the OP.

so far with all the IEMs i have owned, i found the monster turbines to have nice bass that you can feel depending on the recordings. but, it is not consistent and for me it does not have the quantity and quality i am looking for. hence why i may try the above mentioned IEMs. so OP you could try starting off with the turbines to keep the budget low and see how you find them.

Apr 18, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #35 of 47
I really like the Klipsch Image X10, I love them, the bass is the best I heard in a IEM. I'm planning to get a Monster Turbine when I have enough money, maybe i'll do a review on them.

Apr 18, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #36 of 47
Ultimate Ears metro 220s are nice and bassy with nice mids and highs.

May 5, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #37 of 47
I'm using v-moda bass freq right now not bad on bass but I'm used to more.
Still looking for better

I had a pair of psp headbanger earsubs that went to 130db($20) they could make my eyes water they shook them so much best bass ever for earbuds. They don't make them anymore
frown.gif

The psp powered them with the remote port, I think that's what made them so good

The v-moda are missing a few bass notes and volume compared to the headbangers

May 5, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #38 of 47
Audio Technica CKS70 have serious bass from hell, decent mids, and rolled off highs. The bass is extremely heavy though but is textured like what you would expect the highs and mids to be in most good IEM's. They are a fun IEM to listen to but I found I missed the highs to much and moved on. They also have a massive soundstage only rivaled or beaten by a few IEM's. If you want to a be a first from a review perspective there is also the new CKS90 that has just been released by AT that will either resolve the treble issues of the CKS70 or be and even larger bass canon.

For good bass, mids, and highs the Monster Turbine Pro Gold's are great as has been mentioned.

May 29, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #39 of 47
Hi Concrete, I see that you have/had the NE-7M and the Image S4. I´m going to replace my Bose briefly and the mentioned ones are between the candidates to be acquiered. Could you tell me your opinion about mid and highs on both in ears? Which one has more details, or sound more crisp?

Thanks

May 29, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #40 of 47
No mentioning of the JVC / Victor FX series (FX500 + FX700)......

Are people silly? Deep bass is the bass that 'shakes' you and the FX series emphasises that instead of the usual yucky mid-bass hump.

May 29, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #41 of 47

Don't worry, most audiophiles (myself included) generally avoid EQ like the plague unless you have something with a really good EQ; eg. rockboxed DAPs.
Quote:
lol, I feel like a dunce, I have been calling myself an audiophile and up until like 3 days ago I had never messed with an equalizer, Wow, I love my altec lansing im616's for all kinds of music now, I jacked up the bass and I like these alot better than my UE super.fi 5 EB's for bass. I get the best of both worlds. The bass is definitely less quantity from my EB's but they aren't muddy like I found my EB's to be, couldn't quite find the right eq settings. Lol I just spent like 2 hours trying to route all my audio through a free parametric equalizer in windows and gave up for now, but Wow. single armature im616 IEM's + bass jacked up in EQ = awesomeness to me.

May 29, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #42 of 47

Quote:
Just a heads up on the HP-FX500s, I played this with them unamped through onboard sound:

YouTube - Bass Outlaws - Extreme Subwoofer Test

Now I'm quite nauseous, no joke. It was ridiculous.

Damn!

This test is freakin awesome on my DT770's. Anyways, OP I am in the same situation as you. However Ive had my DT770's for only a week and while they are great, I find that I am not using them as much as I thought I would. I am returning them today and replacing them with an IEM that *hopefully* has as much punch as them.Ill probably regret trading them in but I realized Im just not prepared for some good cans like these, my puny iPod classic can barely power them up to the satisfactory levels I want, not to mention someone stole my Bose IEM's so Im in need for something portable.

Good luck on your search though, Ill definately be coming back to them in a bit when I have a good amp capable of powering them. In the meantime Ill try out the UE Metro.fi 170/220's.

May 29, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #43 of 47

Quote:
No mentioning of the JVC / Victor FX series (FX500 + FX700)......

Are people silly? Deep bass is the bass that 'shakes' you and the FX series emphasises that instead of the usual yucky mid-bass hump.

Now I mentioned it. JVC FX-500/700, Monster Copper/Gold/Miles Davis, Sennheiser IE8, Radius DDM....

May 29, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #44 of 47
From my personal experience of universal IEMs, I would also recommend the Monster Turbine line (original, Pros, and MDs), IE8s, the Triple.fi Pro, as well as what others have recommended, including the RE0, JVC FX500/700, or the Radius DDMs.

May 30, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #45 of 47

Quote:
From my personal experience of universal IEMs, I would also recommend the Monster Turbine line (original, Pros, and MDs), IE8s, the Triple.fi Pro, as well as what others have recommended, including the RE0, JVC FX500/700, or the Radius DDMs.

RE0 for bass addict? How so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back