Best In Ear for a Bass Addict
Mar 15, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #16 of 47
add the Denon C710 in your options

Mar 15, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #18 of 47
Monster pro gold, hippo vb, Futuresonics atrio, Super-Fi 5EB ?

Mar 15, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #20 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by gav007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say Future Sonics Atrio M5, I have the FS1 and they use the same drivers. They are bass heavy and they thump with R&B and hip-hop

i'm totally with this. I'm using the Atrio M5s and i havent been disappointed with my rap and rock music so far.

Mar 15, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #22 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by AhhHoNG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Monster pro gold, hippo vb, Futuresonics atrio, Super-Fi 5EB ?

I've owned the Atrio and the Super FI EB and the Hippo VB's are a huge upgrade to both of these even though the VB's are only 80$.

The VB's have better quality bass and trounce these two other IEM's in mids and treble quality.

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #23 of 47
^
i will go visit uncle wilson soon again once i get my i9. Hope to get a good seal frm the VB unlike the last time i tried. I am now tied between monster pro gold, atrio and vb
frown.gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #25 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by AhhHoNG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^
i will go visit uncle wilson soon again once i get my i9. Hope to get a good seal frm the VB unlike the last time i tried. I am now tied between monster pro gold, atrio and vb
frown.gif

I have not heard the MTP gold but I'm trying to get one on the cheap. I'm happy with my VB's though and unless you can somehow get the Atrio's for under 80$ I would not get them.

I used the Super FI EB's for a year and the Atrio's for a year. I enjoyed the Atrio's but the VB's are so much better than them in every way shape and form I would not consider going back to them. On the Atrio's there was completely missing higher freq's compared to the VB's. It was amazing that instruments and details that simply did not exist on the Atrio's were very clear and detailed on the VB's. And the bass is just much better quality on the VB's but still has the same impact as the Atrio's.

The Super FI EB's aren't even worth considering at this point, boomy bass and a very hollow recessed sound.

From what I have read of the Gold's they are pretty good but I'm not sure they are going to be a huge upgrade over the VB's.

Mar 15, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #26 of 47
^
Jaben in singapore sells the atrio for 260SGD which is roughly 170USD. why wont the price drop man...
frown.gif
my ears are sensitive to harshness and i prefer balanced and smooth sound signature. i listen mostly to POP and abit of alternative rock.So i guess higher frequency range doesnt affects me much.Wait till i try the VB soon enough and decide on which to get...Thanks though
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #27 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blood_Raven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a heads up on the HP-FX500s, I played this with them unamped through onboard sound:

YouTube - Bass Outlaws - Extreme Subwoofer Test

Now I'm quite nauseous, no joke. It was ridiculous.

Good grief, this test is absurdly low through my 780's!
eek.gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #28 of 47
My vote is for the Jays S-Jays or the Denon AH-C700.
Personally I prefer the S-Jays but both are great.
And they are relatively cheap.

Oh, btw, dont go for the V-Moda Bass Freqs, their proper sh**

Users who are viewing this thread

Back