Best in-ear earphones for $50?
Apr 19, 2009 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Superhuman

New Head-Fier
I'm tired of the piece of **** iPod earbuds that won't stay in my ears for more than 5 seconds without falling out.

The #1 thing I'm looking for is something that will fit snug in my ears and actually stay in there. #2 is sound quality. My budget is $50. These are just for listening to music through my iPod.

Make suggestions please.

Apr 19, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #4 of 21
If you do a bit of research you'll find plenty of answers - there are so many threads like this that a lot of people just don't bother posting any more as plenty of new members just don't bother to do a bit of 'homework' before asking for relevant advice.

Apr 19, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #5 of 21
Maybe if the garbage search feature on this forum worked, I wouldn't need to make a thread.

I just did an advanced search for thread titles in this subforum that contain the keyword "$50" and it says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Would be a lot easier if someone took 10 seconds of their time to post a suggestion.

Apr 19, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superhuman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe if the garbage search feature on this forum worked, I wouldn't need to make a thread.

I just did an advanced search for thread titles in this subforum that contain the keyword "$50" and it says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Would be a lot easier if someone took 10 seconds of their time to post a suggestion.

How about "cheap iem's"?:

Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - Search Results

Apr 19, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #7 of 21
Head Direct was having a sale on RE 2s. You might see if the sale continues; the price was right and the RE 2s are pretty musical. And comfortable. Good luck.

Apr 19, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #9 of 21
NE-7M, UHP336 (rebranded superfi 3), RE2, Custom-1, AH-C551 can all be had for around $50. I haven't heard any, but I've been researching in the same price range as well.

Apr 19, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #10 of 21
Apple Dual Driver IEM, which are $79 retail but can be had on ebay for $35-$50. There is an entire thread on them. I like them much more than the RE2 or the NuForce phones, which are two of the better $50 or under in-ear phones. Plus, they work with the iPod (have mic/pause clicker).

As for searching, try reading the portable thread headings, doesn't take very long and has plenty of information. Music4321 is right in that this information already exists, with a little detective work (and it's not difficult).

Apr 19, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by koalkoal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe the SoundMAGIC PL30 can fit your requirement.

You forgot to mention that you yourself have a "very particular interest" in recommending the PL30 -- up until yesterday you included the information below in ALL your previous posts:

-------------------------------------------
Listening Magic Sound, Feeling SoundMagic!

We are looking for oversea distributors for SoundMagic Professional Earphone!
Please contact me for more information.

Michael Lin
email: sound.magic.michael@gmail.com
MSN: lin.michael@hotmail.com
Sound Magic Technology Development Co., Ltd.
---------------

As tstarn06 pointed out yesterday "...If you want to hawk your wares, then stick to the vendor forum..."

Apr 19, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You forgot to mention that you yourself have a "very particular interest" in recommending the PL30 -- up until yesterday you included the information below in ALL your previous posts:
(snip)

Oooh, good point
tongue.gif

But still, the PL30's are a STUNNING buy IMHO - how can you go wrong for that sound at that price? They are currently all of $19.75.

Apr 19, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #14 of 21
I know your budget is $50 but i would suggest the Audio Technica CK7 canalphone which can be had for $65 bucks and worth every penny. They are very good. You won't regret your purchase. As for the others that people mentioned, i can't comment on them because i don't know much about them but when i look at earphones of quality it's the CK7s for the $100 & under mark. YOU WiLL NOT REGRET YOUR PURCHASE! I have 2 of these CK7s. I bought one of them almost brand new for $52 (includes shipping/handling) from someone on this forum last year.

Apr 19, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

-------------------------------------------
Listening Magic Sound, Feeling SoundMagic!

We are looking for oversea distributors for SoundMagic Professional Earphone!
Please contact me for more information.

Michael Lin
email: sound.magic.michael@gmail.com
MSN: lin.michael@hotmail.com
Sound Magic Technology Development Co., Ltd.
---------------

As tstarn06 pointed out yesterday "...If you want to hawk your wares, then stick to the vendor forum..."

Can't believe this guy. First time I have seen this happen so blatantly.

As I said, I have the PL30s, and I think their poor design overshadows any SQ benefits, even at $19.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back