Best IEMs for Noise Cancelling + Comfort?
Aug 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #16 of 33
No I'm fine with IEMs.  It's just some of the replies here have been suggesting IEMs with a steep price ($300+) which I just don't see justifiable for IEMs.  Unless if they are fantastic and would make it useless to have a QC15 or any other sort of on-ear noise-cancelling/isolating headphone.

Aug 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #17 of 33
As we said iems isolate better are more comfortable and much lighter, have detachable cables and sound better, i recommend u a pair of westone 4 r with westone star tips if you prefer neutral sound or a custom iem like the 1964 ears v3 if you prefer more fun and better isolation. Anyway we can recommend u more iems

Aug 9, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #18 of 33
Etymotic HF-5 

It a little uncomfortable at first, but the tips will soften and your ears will adjust. Really high isolation, decent comfort and well within your price range for a really good sounding set of IEMs.

Aug 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #19 of 33
I actually did more research yesterday and the HF-5 always came up every now and then  I got really interested in it until a youtube video said that the headphones are super uncomfortable due to how steep they go into the ear canal.  Any comments/thoughts on this?

Aug 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #20 of 33
Etymotic are neutral/analitical iems you will find very little bass quantity on these, exceptional isolation but they go very deep into the ear canal and dont have detachable cables

Etymotic isolation is far beyond noise cancelling, custom iems isolate as etymotic but are much more comfortable because the fit is perfect

Aug 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #21 of 33
I agree to the above poster. Put a little more money and get a Westone 4r, UE900 or PFE 232. I've tried many Iems and these are the best in my opinion: light, excellent sound and isolation.
After trying many Iems, I found myself taking into consideration the same aspects as you and these ones are the best. 

Aug 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #22 of 33
Okay I will look into the three, but really logitech is up there?!!  I mean their PC related headphones and accessories are crap...

EDIT:  the Westone 4r look quite well.  I live in Canada and holy crap they are $600+ on amazon.ca!  No way I'm paying that much!!!!
Only choice is amazon.com, and even then I don't know if I can get it shipped to Canada and what the customs will charge me.

Sigh..

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #23 of 33
Check the sale forum too. Sect44 you should try the fischer amps fa 4e xb,afriend of mine had the w4 and the pfe 232 and find the fischer amps better and not a little, a pity you have to buy them in europe i also have them with custom tips end of the road for me :)

Yeah logitech are ultimate ears you can find them new the ue900 in the forum for 300 bucks

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #24 of 33
Take a look at amazon japan. Its the cheapest place to buy and use the tenso.com forwarding service it works like a charm.
Thanks for the fischer tip. I'll look into it.
If you have any questions send me a pm and I will be glad to help you out with tenso.com.
Oh well thought it was the end of the road until I listened to Sennheiser IE800. My wallet is still crying..:)

Aug 10, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #25 of 33
Cool but those ie800 are very expensive and dont come with detachable cables...the thing is that i have the ex1000 and the sm3v2 without filters and since i got the fischer amps the others are getting dust in the case

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #26 of 33
Are there big differences between the Westone 4R and Westone 2 for example?  One review on amazon compares the 4 and the 2 and the guy actually says the 4R is not worth the price at all while the Westone 2 is totally worth it.

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #27 of 33
It depends on your preference in soundsignature w2 have tad more bass as i know but is obvious that w4 is way more refined and techincally superior.

It also depends of the source and the tips change the sound of the iems a lot.

W4 is the top of the line of westone universals. But some people also prefer the westone um3x over them

Aug 10, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #28 of 33
Cool but those ie800 are very expensive and dont come with detachable cables...the thing is that i have the ex1000 and the sm3v2 without filters and since i got the fischer amps the others are getting dust in the case

Now Im interested..:) Fischer amps better than EX1000? Are you sure? Where can I buy one of these? Link please..:)

Aug 10, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #29 of 33
In thomann cyberstore have them price is 385 euros they ship overseas by dhl, i rather prefer the fa 4e xb over the ex1000 technically and musically i added more information in the fischer amps thread

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fischer_amps_fa_4e_xb_blue.htm the description is bad its not 3 dynamic drivers its 4 balanced and the bass drivers are vented but isolation is great because the case is sealed

Aug 7, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #30 of 33
Any new contestants in 2017 in this space? Noise isolating IEM? I'm looking for ear-plug like (or better) noise isolation but with good sound. Budget 300 - 450 usd. Must be comfortable (comfortableness is of-course subjective though).

I prefer IEM's that are tuned to with some extra bass. I previously owned the Sennheiser ie80's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back