Best IEMs for Hip-Hop / Rap music? $100 and under.
Sep 15, 2012 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

midniteboss

New Head-Fier
Looking for the best IEMs that I can get for $100 and under. 

I listen to mostly hip-hop / rap so I would like the bass to be strong but also balanced and clear sounding. 

I also like the warm sounding mids in headphones as well. 

The only other IEM that I've owned are the Beats by Dre Tour and they were the fake ones that are like $40. 

Appreciate some help, thanks. 

Sep 15, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #6 of 11
Yamaha EPH-100 work well for rap and hip hop. I'd also consider Monster Turbine from amazon. Both have ok bass quality, though EPH-100 would be the better performer if you can stretch your budget by a little.

Sep 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #7 of 11
I've read the reviews on the Monster Turbine's and they haven't gotten the greatest reviews. But would I still notice a major difference between my previous (Fake) Beats by Dre Tours that I owned? Also how would the comfort be compared to them? 

Sep 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #8 of 11
I've read the reviews on the Monster Turbine's and they haven't gotten the greatest reviews. But would I still notice a major difference between my previous (Fake) Beats by Dre Tours that I owned? Also how would the comfort be compared to them? 

If it means anything to you I have owned genuine beats Tours, Turbines are a step up in almost every area. I still have a pair in my collection, anyone I have recommended them to in the past has been happy with the outcome. If your fakes sound anything like the fake tours I have laying around here you will be moving to whole new world of sound quality. Comfort wise they're much easier to insert though have some weight to them. If you didn't have problems locking in fake tours getting a seal you will be fine with Turbines as the tips are very similar

Read ljokerl's reivew on Turbines under Tier 2B

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-252-iems-compared-jvc-ha-fx40-and-ha-fxd80-added-09-05-12

Sep 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
If it means anything to you I have owned genuine beats Tours, Turbines are a step up in almost every area. I still have a pair in my collection, anyone I have recommended them to in the past has been happy with the outcome. If your fakes sound anything like the fake tours I have laying around here you will be moving to whole new world of sound quality. Comfort wise they're much easier to insert though have some weight to them. If you didn't have problems locking in fake tours getting a seal you will be fine with Turbines as the tips are very similar
Read ljokerl's reivew on Turbines under Tier 2B
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-252-iems-compared-jvc-ha-fx40-and-ha-fxd80-added-09-05-12

Alright, I ended up purchasing the monster turbine's from amazon. They were $80 so I cant possible go wrong with that considering the good reviews most people are giving on them. I was actually going to purchase another pair of the fake Beats Tour for $60 until a friend of mine redirected me to these forums. 

Thanks for your help everyone :)

Sep 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
Alright, I ended up purchasing the monster turbine's from amazon. They were $80 so I cant possible go wrong with that considering the good reviews most people are giving on them. I was actually going to purchase another pair of the fake Beats Tour for $60 until a friend of mine redirected me to these forums. 

Thanks for your help everyone :)

Congrats...

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back