Best IEMs for electronic music under $450USD
Aug 9, 2012 at 2:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

bl42ed0

Head-Fier
Looking for a pair of IEMs that are absolutely perfect for electronic music and maybe the occasional rock track. Some examples would be: Infected Mushroom, Shpongle, Purity Ring, Pink Floyd, and A Perfect Circle.

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 17
IE80 // or W4

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #3 of 17
I'd say no on the IE80... can't say anything about the W4 though. ie80's are great all arounders, but for those specific genres, or 'absolutely perfect' for electronic I'd go straight for the JVC FX700. Esp for electronic music with that mid crunch and deep bass needed from infected mushroom type songs.

I'm not as sure for Pink Floyd for them as their mid's aren't as prominent (but still incredibly nice) as their lows and highs. got my sr225's for floyd...

Aug 9, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #4 of 17
TF10s if you can handle the fit. 

Aug 9, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 17
The Sennheiser IE80, MTP Gold, Copper, Sony EX1000, XBA4, UE TF10Pro and SM3 are great match for these genres music.

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:
The Sennheiser IE80, MTP Gold, Copper, Sony EX1000, XBA4, UE TF10Pro and SM3 are great match for these genres music.

Eh, no Monster products solely based on my bias towards their overpriced cables lol. I'm really leaning towards the SM3s at the moment but W4 seems interesting too.

Quote:
TF10s if you can handle the fit. 

Fitment issues?

Quote:
IE80 // or W4

What makes you say the W4? Is it better than the UM3X for electronic music?

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #7 of 17
+1 for the TF10 or the W3 if fit is a problem with the TF10.  The flip flop mod on the TF10 really makes them fit much better, after I did it to mine I understood that when I was wearing them the stock way I wasn't getting a good fit at all.

Also the XBA-4 or FX700 would work also.

Aug 10, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #8 of 17
radius Hp-TWF21K or FX700
Both are just  amazing match for  music styles like it is  Shpongle: Mine blowing bass lines.
Radius specially my favorite with Deep punch just what makes you tremble while listening to Nothing lost album from Shpongle.

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #11 of 17
Yea some people just can't get a good fit with them the stock way, I always could get a good seal but they just never sat right until I did the flip flop mod.

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #12 of 17
Looking for a pair of IEMs that are absolutely perfect for electronic music and maybe the occasional rock track. Some examples would be: Infected Mushroom, Shpongle, Purity Ring, Pink Floyd, and A Perfect Circle.

With electronic you want deep bass and crisp detailed highs. The sm3 and ie80 are lacking top end emphasis compared to other iems like the jvc fxd80, which has deep controlled bass and very clear highs. I listen to quite a bit of electronic on them and they sound very engaging, better than everything I've heard so far. I really couldn't recommend them enough. Don't let the low price fool you. These are as good as very expensive iems. The tf10 would work unless your're concerned about fit and build quality.

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #13 of 17
I know this isn't the best bang for the buck, but I do think that the Atomic Floyd SuperDarts would do well for electronic.  Another one (again, not the best bang for the buck) would be the XBA-4 by Sony.  I find both of these IEMs to be much better than the W4R for electronic (although the W4R is better overall).  Note that the first two have V-shapes, the SuperDarts particularly extremely deep and compared to the TF10 (I haven't heard the TF10 myself).  Haven't heard any complaints concerning fit with them either (might be due to the fact that not too many own them). Something like the Aurisonics ASG-1 (1.2 rev) will have the bass you want for electronic genres, but will require EQing to add the treble (for any genre really).  

Other ideas from what I've read would include something like the TF10 (stated before) and W3s.  Monster Turbine Golds would also be a good idea as well.   IE80 or SM3s also sound like they would fit.  Again, this latter paragraph is what I've read about (but haven't listened to), so take it with a lot of salt.  The 3.Ai by Heir may also be a suggestion.  It's a newer IEM, so there isn't much on it.  From what I've read, it sounds like it may have a signature similar to the W3s (again, based on what I've read).  

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #15 of 17
My favorites in your price range for electronic music are TF10, FX700 and XBA-4. For a little bit more, the 1964Ears Quads my top pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back