Best IEM with iPhone Buttons + Mic
Jul 31, 2011 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

andykm717

New Head-Fier
I am coming from the ER-6i's that have been recabled with the stock apple earbud cables. I had ultimatebuds.com do them for me. They have served me well for the past few years.
I had both great sound and the convenience of the iPhone remote controls + mic.

I was going to get the actual earphones replaced through them, but turns out they are discontinued and now much pricier.

I figure now is a good time to upgrade.

I am looking for something that sounds good, looks good, and has the mic/buttons on the cable for my iPhone.

I say looks good because I'm not a huge fan of the TF-10's and HF-5s sticking so far out. I like the fact that the ER-6i's were so small.

So i've looked into q-jays. But apparently the cables are really long and there's no mic/buttons.
The UE 700s also don't have the mic/buttons.
The X10i's apparently the mic doesn't work so well because it's located further down.
I like these because they are small and slick.

Are there other ones I should look at? Can I get any of these recabled for cheap so they have the functionality of the mic/buttons?

Pretty much, I'm looking to upgrade from what I thought was a great mix of sound + convenience to a better sounding IEM with the same convenience. Any suggestions?

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #3 of 13
Flip flop mod triple fi 10? (mic no Ipod control)
panasonic hje900 + sleek audio cable(not sure if they might have ipod controls let me double check) nope 

spider realvoice(stick out issue like the hf3)

ultimate ears 600vi (probably mic only)

phonak 122(bingo? mic only)

Aug 4, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #9 of 13
Monster Turbine Pro Copper (with ControlTalk) -- my current phones.  Slightly finicky with tips, and not the best form factor, but really good sound.

Ety MC3 -- used those for a little while.  Typical Etymotic, good detail, lean in the low end.  Pair with Comply tips to make them usable.

Klipsch S4i -- They're okay, for the price.  Wasn't impressed by the durability or the sound resolution.

Vmoda Remix -- Surprisingly very good to my ears, especially for the price.  Probably my second choice out of the four listed here.

All of the phones listed are dynamic, so they require some burn-in before you can really judge them.  Especially the Remix and MTPCs, those sounded significantly different after 50 hours than upon initial listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back