Best IEM w/ Mic (Under $100): NE7m vs. iP-HS5 vs. MEElec M11P vs. S4i
May 31, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #31 of 36
I have owned the NE-7m and had a chance to give the S4i's a listen the other day. I thought the S4i's sounded better. The NE-7ms to my ears sounded 'bassy but veiled' while the S4i's sounded 'bassy but clear' - prefer clarity over a 'non-fatiguing' sound. Neither had much happening in the treble department. The S4i's soundstage is excellent IMO. 

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #32 of 36
Build quality is definitely a concern with the NE-7Ms. My first pair the glue failed after about 4 months, causing both monitors to pull apart. They were replaced very quickly by NuForce. However, the replacement pair started to have issues with the mic and inline control after a few months - I was willing to live with that, but then the left channel dropped out completely (it's a loose connection somewhere inside left monitor). They got daily use on my commute, but weren't subject to particularly rough treatment.

It's a shame, really, I liked the sound signature of the NE-7Ms, but 2 failing in 13months doesn't instill confidence. My ER6i's got less ginger treatment, and they were in fine shape after a year and a half, until a new dog in the house thought they smelled like a treat and ate them.

Ordered a pair of S2m's from Amazon for $30, but still hoping I can work out a resolution with NuForce on the NE-7M's.

Aug 30, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #33 of 36
hi every1

my first post here. i have been looking for iem w/mic for my google n1. which uses 3 bands on the earphone jack if i am not wrong.

i have been reading good reviews of the nuforce ne-7m, but the problem for me is, the jack is a L-pin. i am not able to connect L-pin properly when i use the phone with my cover.

i went to amazon and saw other iem w/mic within my budget like

-jbuds j3m
-klipsch image s2m
-woodees iesw100b (this is stretching my budget a little but its a straight pin)
-MEElectronics m9p

my question is, is the overall quality of the ne-7m worth it for me to trash that cover (or punch a bigger hole at the cover which is going to make my casing ugly)?

Aug 30, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #34 of 36
Of those three I think the Woodees sound best - personally I rate them a bit higher than the NE-7M and just below the Maximo iM-590 in sound quality. Very underrated earphones though the somewhat unsightly design may have something to do with it. If you're interested there's reviews of all five in one of the links in my sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back