Best IEM under 300
Apr 19, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #3 of 10
Best for what? Too many things to consider to name an IEM without knowing at least a few particulars.

Apr 19, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 10
Genre?300 new or used?in this hobby things deprecate a lot so you can grab a good iem with your budget but again, what are you listening to, what is the source?

Apr 19, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 10
Best for what? Too many things to consider to name an IEM without knowing at least a few particulars.

Genre?300 new or used?in this hobby things deprecate a lot so you can grab a good iem with your budget but again, what are you listening to, what is the source?

I didn't ask anything in particular, just the ones that are your personal favourites.

as for myself my benchmark tracks involve mostly orchestral music, even tough I like to jump from one genre to another. no used stuff ince they're hard to find here.
I disliked Oriveti New Primacy (they were simply not comfortable for me), Rha CL1, Shure SE425, 1More 1010 and Fiio F9 Pro.

I've got a dragonfly black + fiio a5 combo at home, in mobility I use an HTC 10. Was considering getting a shenling m2s.

on the other hand I loved 1more 1001, Fiio EX1 and appreciated rha mha750 and dunu titan 5 (as you can see i'm pretty much a Vshape guy).

I was considering campfire Comet, there aren't many reviews around tho.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #6 of 10
I have the Comet but have not had enough on ear time to finalize my notes. Big, thick sounding (without being muddy). They do roll-off at the low end some so if you want something for EDM or other music with tons of sub-bass the Comet is not likely to be a good choice. To my ear, the most energy on the Comet is from mid-bass through the mids which gives them a very different signature than the average. Treble is good although extension is only average at best. Air and sparkle are enough to enjoy. If you have had experience with the Campfire house sound signature before and like it, then the Comet is very much in line with your expectations. If you have not tried a campfire before, try one somewhere before buying it. They are a different animal than most and they are usually either a love or hate thing with very little middle ground.

Apr 20, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #7 of 10
To me it's the Sony XBA-N3AP

Amazing sound quality: Warm sound signature, clarity across the entire frequency with rich, deep bass, smooth mids and sparkly treble. Decent soundstage and stereo imaging. Vocal sounds like having the singer literally sings directly next to your ears, stand out above the instrument. I've listened to a fair share of IEMs ranging from $100 to stratospheric $1000, and the N3AP is the only IEM that pleases me the most. Its SQ can rivals even something that costs $500, which is almost double its price.

Great comfort, despite the somewhat weird design, and very light weight too.

I let a friend of mine listened to this IEM yesterday, and he blamed me because after hearing the N3 he can't go back to his IEM anymore lol

Many headphones and IEMs on my collection come and go. But the N3 is going to last for a very long time in my pocket

Apr 20, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #9 of 10
This may be true. If you like annoying microscopic filters and 0,74 mm pins incompatible with majority of cables.

Once filters are set you hardly change them. Cable changing is also something not many people do. But I do agree that these are downsides.

But I also consider the FLC8S as one of the best sub $300 earphones sound wise. You have to live with it’s quirks though.

Other headphones to consider:
JVC HA-FX850 (still love these though again, quirky size and shape)

Apr 20, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #10 of 10
Etymotic ER3XR/SE
I have the XR and I've never heard such a clarity like this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back