best IEM to sleep? (better than UM2s)
Dec 10, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #31 of 52
Dec 10, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #32 of 52
Well, so many options, so many replys. Thanks guys it's really appreciated!

Now, I would probably maybe think about the x10 but or the AT, but I am wondering if the X5 would be close to as comfortale as the x10?

And about the er6, are they really that small? I have pretty small ear canals...

Oh, and as for sleeping with IEM, I just can't sleep without my music. Wight now, I listen to it to the point where I am gong to fall asleep, I puub the phone from my ears and fall asleep. But I woul like to be able to keep 'em while sleping, even if there's no music left just to keep the noise isolating factor....

Dec 10, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #33 of 52
For me, either q-jays or d-jays. I have never try westone or X10 but compared them to Shure or UE, the jays beat them hands down........And I quite strongly believe nothing can beat jays when it comes to comfort. Seriously......

Dec 11, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #34 of 52
About the pillow, the SQ wouldn't be enough for me (i'm on Head-fi after all...), and same with the creative phones...

The jays might be an ok solution (as I can get them at cost+5% where I work), but i'm a little worried about the fact that they are similar in design to my westones... Is the fact that they are smaller going to help? (I would probably go for the Q jays (those are dual armature, right?).

Right now, I think I have more questions then when I first started the tread
580smile.gif

So right now, in my price range, and in my SQ range there is :

Er6i
q-jays
d-jays
Image x5

Out of pricerange:

Image x10
AT ck10

Now, question is:

How would the jays, the klipsch and the AT compare to my westones?
How would the Er6 compare to my er4s?

In fact, wich one of these have the widest soundstage?

Dec 11, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #37 of 52
I am not sure if any of those are better than the UM2 at sleeping... my friend who owns the UM2 always tells me that they are terrific sleeping phones. Its design enables you to sleep with it flushed to your ears and I don't think you can find an IEM better than it for sleeping on your sides. The ER4p is certainly out of the equation, since it's going to be sticking greatly out of your ears. The Q Jays might indeed be suitable as they are very small, but you might prefer the UM2s more, both for sound quality and for the flushed design.

Dec 11, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPenguin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...6iinear006.jpg
yes, theyre that small. i use biflange eartips with them and they easily go in that far and dont bother me a bit when laying on my side. they may look hard to remove but if you just push your earflap out of the way you can grab each side between two fingers.

!! That's darn small..!!

Ok well.. as of now, the two choices I have left are:

Er6 and Q-Jays.

In terms of SQ , I think the Jays are up front, but in term of confort...

Anyone can coment on the Q-Jays comfort?

Dec 11, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #39 of 52
The Q-jays definitely win in terms of smallness (about the ER 6i's width, samish length, but chop the top/bottom tapers off the Ety's and curve it around a bit) and sound. The etys thrash it in isolation; the Q-jays use single silicon tips and aren't etys. Comfort can be good with either one. Either one turns into a cable running into your ear. While the Q-jays are smaller and thus might end up farther in, they also would probably come out more easily if tugged on since they don't seal as well; this is a consideration for pulling it out accidentally during sleep.

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #40 of 52
Well, it seems to me that the best solution for me would be the Q-Jays. I'm probably going to get a dirt cheap price on them as well and pay no shipping fee. in USD, it'll probably be 100 or maybe even a little less...

But I might loose seal sometimes...

What do you guys think?

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #42 of 52
even if they are inserted completely in my ear canal?

I know that the ety does exactly that, but since they stick so much out of the ear, it's quite normal...

I just had a look and it's possible to get Comply tips that fits the Jays, would that be a good solution?

I am avoiding the senns and the creative because i've tried the cx400 and I don't like them all that much...

Dec 11, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #43 of 52
the foam tips wont let the jays sit inside your ear. and where the hell do you plan to get them for under $100? you find that link and you make it its own thread on this forum and every last one of those will be sold out withing two days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back