best IEM to sleep? (better than UM2s)
Dec 10, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #17 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would people want to sleep in their IEMs anyway? Wouldn't that be bad for their ears?

Heh, back at home, my mom always thought I would strangle myself if I wore headphones while sleeping.

She was almost right only once.
redface.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #19 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would anyone want to sleep with headphones period? That would keep me awake.
L3000.gif

nah. keeps stray sound out, and when its music youre familiar with it just makes it peaceful and you can fall asleep easily. not a good idea if you've an alarm to wake up to though.

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #20 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha I would not do well with music going to sleep

Yeah. I'm a dark, quiet room sleeper. Any kind of noise(music, TV) would keep me awake because it gets my attention. I'd start thinking of songs I want to listen to, shows to watch, etc. Maybe this would be a good poll. If you do sleep with music, are you rested? Do you sleep normal or not? Sounds like the making of a great sleep study.

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #21 of 52
ATH-CKM50: decent SQ for the price and very low profile, easy fit, good for sleeping on the side.

Senns IE8: most comfy side sleepers IEM I know of, but way out the OPs price range.

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #22 of 52
As long as you keep the volume around 30-40 dB or lower, listening to music/TV/white noise won't cause health problems or disrupt your sleeping, assuming you can get to sleep easily while listening.

Dec 10, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #24 of 52
Ety ER-6i are basically two cables coming out of your ears. The full IEM body is inside.

Dec 10, 2008 at 12:45 PM Post #25 of 52
Well in your price budget is the Sennheiser CX300. Decent sound, but cheap enough that if the cord rips or shorts it's no big deal to replace. Very low profile for me (with small ears), even on a very soft pillow.

I've been using a pair for falling asleep every night for well over a year, and the cables are just now starting to have a short. About to toss them and either get another pair or look around for something similar.

Also tried to use the UE Super.fi 5 Pro (older generation pair) off and on. Too much isolation for me, and not comfortable for sleeping.

And, to the naysayers on using IEMs to fall asleep..... It really helps quieten a room, even when there's no music. I set up the sleep feature to shut the music off after 30 minutes. Also helps when the SO is snoring, or kids are making noise. And, lastly, just set an alarm on the iPod to wake up. I've never missed it....definitely a YMMV subject though.

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #27 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wearing SF5P to sleep? You are a winner! I cant imagine wearing those sticks on your ears and went to sleep. I cant do that with my TF10P.

It was a very short affair..I promise.

I usually ended up only using one on the ear that wasn't on the pillow. That's what made me try the CX300.....

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #28 of 52
I sleep with my CX 95 and recently the Custom-1. Very comfortable, though a pain to remove at 3am half asleep... With the CX 95 I just yank them out and throw them on the floor...

Dec 10, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #30 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by prscustom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i recommend w3

flimsy cable and fit are so comfortable and the sound is so boring and laid-back you will have no problems falling asleep with it

i actually slept with them

I think a flimsy cable would be a very good reason as to not to sleep with them on.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back